TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Plague Carriers - One hero is within 1 space, another within 2...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so this is another question where I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I like to find out anyway so I can be 100% sure.

Played with my best friend over the weekend. We played "Plague Carriers." The Plague Carriers are effected by Zombie Hunger from up to two spaces away instead of just one.

We had a situation come up where there was one the Plague Carrier zombies in a space that was one space away from one hero, and two spaces away from another.

If you took the rule at is face value, technically that would mean the zombie could move towards either hero. However, since the zombie is closer to the hero within one space, we assumed it would move to that one, ignoring the one within two.

Does anybody know for sure if there is an official ruling on that one, though? For one thing, you can kind of see where that might come in handy for the Zombie Player if it were their choice. If it was getting near the end, and the heroes had killed most of their Plague Carriers already, it could help the Zombie Player(s) to keep another of their Plague Carriers from being killed.
I think there comes a point where whether or not things are written or officially ruled, bring in the rule of "common sense" - a very underestimated rule in the gaming world as a whole.

In which case, this particular example would be plague zombie would move to the hero one space away. StayPuft, your in-play assumption did indeed use the rule of common sense.
I concur. The shortest route to 'running brains' wins.
Hi staypuft

'Plague Carriers are affected by Zombie Hunger from up to 2 spaces away (as opposed to just adjacent) and must always move toward the closest Hero.'
Growing Hunger Rulebook p.6

case closedZombie17
Thanks, all. Glad to know we were correct. It did basically seem like common sense, but I do like to be 100% sure.

Samurai...

Thanks for filling us in. I forgot it actually specifically said that. I'm going to read through the whole rulebook again back at home. :-)
Reference URL's