TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: jake cartwright & play immediately
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry if this has been asked before (I did a search for "Jake play immediately" and nothing came up.. does it just search by title?)

If Jake gets a play immediately as one of the cards does he have to choose that one or does he still get to pick?

p.s. Got this for Christmas and have not been able to stop playing about it since! First game to get me addicted since Talisman! Also everyone I have played it with has got the bug. Maybe it really is a zombie infection!
Although, I agree there isn't any official ruling I'd say since Jake's ability lets him decide which card to keep, this implies choosing which card should take effect, regardless of the wording on the card. If that wasn't the case and he were to draw two play immediately, he'd then get to 'keep' 2 cards.
(01-14-2013 11:00 PM)scarydk Wrote: [ -> ]Although, I agree there isn't any official ruling I'd say since Jake's ability lets him decide which card to keep, this implies choosing which card should take effect, regardless of the wording on the card. If that wasn't the case and he were to draw two play immediately, he'd then get to 'keep' 2 cards.

Cheers. I suppose that would be silly. Unless on the first play immediately he does not pick up another.. but who reads one at a time!?! I just dive in there, then read!

I can’t believe I played my first 4 games solo zombie (after first ever 4 games as dual zombie) with only two cards - and wondered why I kept losing! (Although some were close). In fact I have not played as a Hero yet!
I would say the play immediately trumps his ability as it is a triggered effect.
(01-14-2013 11:13 PM)labrys Wrote: [ -> ]I can’t believe I played my first 4 games solo zombie (after first ever 4 games as dual zombie) with only two cards - and wondered why I kept losing! (Although some were close). In fact I have not played as a Hero yet!

You should treat yourself with the web scenario Revenge of the Dead, which allows the ZP 6 cards!
Zombie12 Two conflicting answers. FWIW, we always let him choose 2 if he wants. It seems to me that the "chose one and discard the other" action would imply that only the chosen card takes affect, although I agree it could be interpreted differently. I think "Play Immediately" just means he has to play it right then if he chooses it as his card.
(01-14-2013 11:30 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Zombie12 Two conflicting answers. FWIW, we always let him choose 2 if he wants. It seems to me that the "chose one and discard the other" action would imply that only the chosen card takes affect, although I agree it could be interpreted differently. I think "Play Immediately" just means he has to play it right then if he chooses it as his card.

Ok I guess I change my view. This makes sense as the card wouldn't trigger till the player chose it.
Official answer from Jason C. Hill. I've put in bold the part that answers the question. It clearly states you have the option to keep Play Immediate cards or not.

'The Drifter's Resourceful ability 'may' be used when drawing cards. In this case, the 'may' just means that you can choose to use the ability or not. You must, however, choose whether or not to use the ability before drawing any cards. Here's why -
Anytime a player is drawing cards, they should draw all of the cards at the same time, and then decide which to keep or discard, play any 'Play Immediately' cards kept etc. This works the same for Zombie Players drawing cards to fill their hand. They draw all of the cards first, then must use any 'Play Immediately' cards etc.
Unfortunately, this was never fully spelled out directly in the rules, but is alluded to on page 5 of the Rulebook under the section on 'Play Immediately' Cards where it talks about if you draw multiple "Play Immediately' cards at the same time you get to choose which order to play them.'
To reiterate: Jake hasn't actually finished his draw until he's discarded one of the two.
Cheers all! And Cheers Samurai! I swear you don't sleep! Although I suppose zombies dont need to ;op

A clear and consice answer as always. I would give you another +1 but I've used them all up today Zombie14(

I can wait until tomorrow. (literally waits........)Zombie17
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's