TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: texas zombies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was perusing my local game shop last night before I picked up my first Munchkin game ever (munchkin deluxe) when I spotted a table full of games that said 75% off!!! It was like I was in some sort of less clean, darker, dingier heaven!!! I immediately walked right over there to see what I could come across.

That's when I stumbled across Texas Zombies (card game). It was originally $24.99 but today I could get it for $7...how could I pass up a filler zombie card game for $7? I couldn't.

I wasn't expecting much when I bought the game..I mean there had to have been a reason it was on the 75% off table..I just didn't know what that reason was..still don't.

The game is meant to be played with 3-6 people, I could see it being most fun with 6 for sure.

So this is how the game works. At the beginning of the game there are team cards that are dealt to each player face down (so you don't know which team you're on until the very end) then each player draws 3 cards from the item deck. The item deck is full of random cards...random cards like; cat, chopsticks, handgun, basketball,gum, metal coat hanger..to name a few.

When its your turn you flip over an event card..the event cards are sticky situations involving mostly zombies..for example...'you lost your smartphone, you go back for it and its surrounded by zombies..but you really want your smartphone' that's just one example and what you do next is look at the items in your hand and create a story as to how you managed to get through the situation. After you tell your story using the item(s) in your hand every one gets to vote whether the story is believable and if you could have mastered the situation..or not. If majority rules that you had a good story and that you probably did get out of your sticky situation you get to keep your event card. This goes on clockwise until each person playing has played 3 events/scenerios cards.

Game end: the team cards are finally flipped over to see which team you're on. Each team counts up their successful event cards and the team with the most wins! What's cool about the whole game is that you have no idea who is on your team so you can't vote based on who's on your team!

All in all its a great little filler game (15-30 minutes)that lets your imagination run wild. And zombies are involved so what's not to love? If you've played it, how do you like it?

Keep in mind this is a first impression of the game. I've only played it once and with only two people..which you're not supposed to do. But I had to try it! Will be a lot of fun with a group of people.

Thanks for reading!
Happy gaming!
Reference URL's