TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hello from E(ee)rie, PA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings to you all!

I was introduced to Last Night on Earth at a small social convention. I was hooked after a few games and decided to invest in the game and its many expansions. Currently, I own the original game, Growing Hunger and Timber Peak. However, I have ordered all the other expansions, supplements, and some of the minis that don't come with the games. (Basically, everything but the varied color zombies and the alt. promo cards.)

I am hoping to use these as tools to develop some custom scenarios. I've even taken the bold steps of laying out some designs for a full fledged expansion with some custom boards, cards and markers (including 3-4 scenarios to go with it) but that will take some time as I gather more experience with the game. Should be a lot of fun though when it is finished!

I appreciate the information I've gathered so far from this site and I'm really impressed with the painting and variants I've read so far. I am honestly not a die hard horror fan (even if my city does host Horror Fest) but I've always gotten a kick out of all things zombie. Many years ago when I was the safety leader at a big chain store I instituted a meeting to go over a safety plan and evacuation should there be a zombie apocalypse. Even doctored up safety protocol sheets to match the real stuff in the binders. It was most excellent.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello! I get really overwhelmed with forums and how they are in constant motion (I can never keep up) but I look forward to discovering and discussing new things with you all.
Hello! I have played through most of the scenarios in the origina version, am am looking forward to seeing how the suppliments and expansions add to the game.

I feel the same way about forums...but this should be a great place to get ideas!!
Wow! I only have Growing Hunger at the moment, but will likely get the 3-part Survival of the Fittest expansions wihin the next couple months. Glad you could join us. Hope you continue posting.
Greetings

Hope you have fun in here.
Sounds very promising! How do you intend to do the custom boards/markers?

And do you still have those safety plans? Zombie03

Looking forward to seeing you around!
Hello, B2. I'm through Erie often (since I'm in Pittsburgh and my family is near Rochester).
Welcome to the boards! I am in PA as well. Though, I am in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I forget, but I don't think that is really very close to Eerie.

Anyways, always glad to see new members join, but I especially love it when they are so enthusiastic about adding custom stuff! That is always a lot of fun! Hope to see you around a lot more.
Greetings Riboflavin, great introduction and I look forward to your custom material . Thanks for joining and as Arnie says in Predator?
Stick around"
(01-18-2013 02:21 PM)Sierra Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds very promising! How do you intend to do the custom boards/markers?

Well, the boards themselves would be a combination of thin chipboard, photo paper, spray adhesive and some clear acrylic sealer. The markers would be done similar, depending on the shape cutting with a heavy duty paper cutter or arc punch (for leather projects) for round pieces. I'm a little stumped on the cards. While I am familiar with how to make custom cards, their high gloss/thick card method is unfamiliar to me and of course they'd need to look the same or would stand out. That is unless I created a new card type for this scenario that would have its own pile. This is all subjective until some prototypes can be created. Honestly, my biggest hurdle is trying to get the actual board work to look like the original boards. I am no artist, but I have some connections who might be interested in tackling the challenge. If the project gets off the ground, I think you may really enjoy it.

(01-18-2013 02:21 PM)Sierra Wrote: [ -> ]And do you still have those safety plans? Zombie03

I do packed up somewhere upstairs, if I get a chance to get up there and dig it out of the other paperwork I'll be happy to share. I think I have four surviving copies left.

I look forward to getting to know folks nearby as well, the occasional "drifter" joining us at the table for a game would be welcome. Who knows the loyalties of a stranger in the midst of zombie apocalypse.
Reference URL's