TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Shamble - declare zombie before roll?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Not sure on this one.. just says you may move a zombie d6, but does not say pick which one before the roll. Their heroes get to decide weather to roll or search so I think it's only fair the zombies get something similar?
Quote:Q. When playing Shamble, may the zombie player roll 1st, then choose the effected zombie to move at this speed?

A. When playing Shamble you should choose the Zombie and then roll to see how far they get to move.
Darn... I was worried that might be the answer. Cheers! (You can tell I pretty much play zombies exclusively!)
That is good to know. Thanks, mqstout. I had always thought it was the other way around, since the card doesn't specifically say.
The worst is when you use shamble and roll a 1....you're like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
Labrys you seem pretty keen on playing exactly how the rules say to play..but don't forget you are the puppet master of woodinvale and when push comes to shove you have the ability to make up and use house rules. If you think it would be more fair for the zombies to roll then move then I say go for it! The best thing about board games is most of the time you get to be pretty flexible with the rules as long as you don't give one side an advantage :P
(01-23-2013 03:04 PM)zachmaio Wrote: [ -> ]Labrys you seem pretty keen on playing exactly how the rules say to play..but don't forget you are the puppet master of woodinvale and when push comes to shove you have the ability to make up and use house rules. If you think it would be more fair for the zombies to roll then move then I say go for it! The best thing about board games is most of the time you get to be pretty flexible with the rules as long as you don't give one side an advantage :P

Personally I prefer playing by the rules (thanks to tzg and boardgamegeek this has become considerably easier), custom rules can be used to enhance the joy of board gaming for all especially when there are novice players present. However, I'd sughest making it clear before playing which custom rules you plan on using.
(01-23-2013 03:52 PM)scarydk Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2013 03:04 PM)zachmaio Wrote: [ -> ]Labrys you seem pretty keen on playing exactly how the rules say to play..but don't forget you are the puppet master of woodinvale and when push comes to shove you have the ability to make up and use house rules. If you think it would be more fair for the zombies to roll then move then I say go for it! The best thing about board games is most of the time you get to be pretty flexible with the rules as long as you don't give one side an advantage :P

Personally I prefer playing by the rules (thanks to tzg and boardgamegeek this has become considerably easier), custom rules can be used to enhance the joy of board gaming for all especially when there are novice players present. However, I'd sughest making it clear before playing which custom rules you plan on using.

I prefer playing by the rules as well. But if there was something I really didn't enjoy I think I would change it. For instance in Zombicide when firing a ranged weapon at a square where there are humans and zombies you hit the human first unless you have a sniper rifle...to me that's a terrible rule and I would definitely find a way to modify it.
(01-23-2013 03:04 PM)zachmaio Wrote: [ -> ]Labrys you seem pretty keen on playing exactly how the rules say to play..but don't forget you are the puppet master of woodinvale and when push comes to shove you have the ability to make up and use house rules. If you think it would be more fair for the zombies to roll then move then I say go for it! The best thing about board games is most of the time you get be pretty flexible with the rules as long as you don't give one side an advantage :P

I do like making my own expansions and extra rules, but I also believe that you should play to the rules (I’m a bit of a stickler for the rules). I've only played hero's once so I am routing for the zombie side of this but I also believe their is a balance to the rules. I suppose it depends on how much difference it would make. 9/10 times I roll a bl00dy 1 though ;op You would not believe it!

But your right.. if all the players agree we could bend the balance of power a little. I find the zombies tend to lose more than the heroes.. but a lot of the time it is pretty close.

Also the suggested house rules like in SOTF - blown apart: so cant turn into zombie makes sense. I like rules that make sense. Rules like fire extinguisher moving them 1 square in any direction (including towards!) does not make sense.

Also also.. there tends to be more hero players so I suppose it makes more people happier this way?

2 players even (1 each)
4 players even (2 each)

3 players more heroes (2v1)
5 players more heroes (4v1)
6 players more heroes (4v2)
(01-23-2013 03:52 PM)scarydk Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I prefer playing by the rules (thanks to tzg and boardgamegeek this has become considerably easier), custom rules can be used to enhance the joy of board gaming for all especially when there are novice players present. However, I'd sughest making it clear before playing which custom rules you plan on using.

Ditto! ;op
(01-23-2013 02:30 PM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]The worst is when you use shamble and roll a 1....you're like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

lol.. I do that so much.. including the slow-mo F***!
Yeah its redonkulous
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's