TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: couple of move questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can Billy move 7 with his +1 or is it +1 max of 6

Do heros have to move (if they are outside of buildings)
Zombies don't have to I seem to remember reading somewhere.
Billy: Yes, can go to 7.
Have to? No. In fact, they can roll to see how far they would move before deciding to move or not.
Zombies do not, unless influenced by the Hunger.
Mqstout is correct in all of his answers.

Just thought I would add something. Heroes do not HAVE to move it you so choose. In fact, if they are in a building, you can roll first to see how much they could move and then decide whether to move or search.

Also, if you roll and then decide to have the hero move, they also do not HAVE to use the full roll. For example, say you roll a 5, but where trying to get the hero to a space that was 3 spaces away. You can move 3 spaces and stop. You don't HAVE to use the whole roll if you don't want. What you roll is just the maximum you would be allowed to move that turn (barring any cards or special abilities that add or subtract).
(01-21-2013 11:44 PM)labrys Wrote: [ -> ](if they are outside of buildings)

I know its a weird case, and probably moot but I was just wondering (a disturbing dip into how my brain works).. Inside buildings if they get a bad roll they can just search, but outside they get no search, but do they have to move. If they are waiting for a high roll for a good sprint round or through the zombies, get a bad move (like a 1) where you are just walking slowly towards the zombie.. you might want to not move at all so it takes them longer to get towards you, you might have your back against a wall so cant go back (or you might want to avoid sticky situations near the middle squares where they can creep up on you pretty fast).

Another (and frankly better) example could be: you are on your last turn, and need to kill another zombie. You have no ranged weapons You fended one off instead of beating him on the zombie turn, it’s the start of your roll and you throw a 1 and have to move off missing the chance to fight him again (at least on a 2 you could move off and back on). You end you turn and you lose! If you don’t have to move you could have fought him.

I have friends that can use these sneaky little technicalities, so I want to nip them in the bud! And I guess I'm just anal about rules. Plus I really want to eat their brains.
(01-22-2013 09:20 PM)labrys Wrote: [ -> ]but do they have to move.

No. Zombie17
No, they do not HAVE to move. When you are outside, in most cases you are probably going to want to move. As you said, when you are in a building, you can decide to search instead of moving. When you are outside, if you choose not to move, then all you can do is stay right there. Not usually very helpful.

However, there are times, such as how you illustrated, when you actually may prefer not to move them at all even though they are outside. That is entirely up to you. You CAN choose to just not have them move at all if you so desire.
Sometimes not moving puts you in a better position to stay away from zombies rather than moving a small amount may get you within there reach on the next turn...and you have to always think about a zombie shambling to you.
Indeed, they don't have to move even if outside. While it's usually better to move, even a meager amount, sometimes it's best not to. Maybe they want to stay in range for a shotgun blast. Or perhaps they want to stay away from a zombie horde. Or stay within range that maybe Becky can move to them instead reaching for the safety of a building.
Cheers all.. just had to make sure!
Mqstout mentioned a few of the situations I had in mind for when you may be outside, but not want to move anyway.

For example, you may want to keep some of the zombies within range of your ranged weapon. I was also thinking, you may not want to move Becky, or move one of the other characters away from Becky, if you wanted to keep them together so she could heal them.
Reference URL's