TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: How to make co-op FanG harder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I think we're all in agreement that co-op FanG is pretty darn easy. So I wanted to make a thread where people could post ways to make it a little harder for the heroes. So if anyone has any other ideas let me know. The first on the list is "haggle" which was brought up by user brackenr0211 quite some time ago, but feel free to just post your thoughts on making the game a little more difficult!

1) Haggle
- When selling an artifact in a city you have to make a Cunning role to haggle for the full price. Getting a 6+ is a success and you get full price but if you fail then roll a D3 and subtract that from the price (with a minimum value of 2 fortune).

2) Change Winning Conditions
- Add more fortune to the overall amount that the heroes need to win.
- Subtract the number the villains need to get to on the villain tracker.

3) More Bad Guys
- No matter the number of players playing a co-op game always use all 3 villains from whatever vile organization you're playing against

4) 2 Vile Organizations
- When you really just don't want to win use both vile organizations. I've yet to try this but i'm assuming this won't go well for the heroes!
The funny thing about FANG is that most of the time we win with maybe 9 steps on the villain chart. However, we have had games, albeit few and far between, where the villains have dark mastery, dark rituals, and then get a surge of darkness, man we got our butts slapped like a rabid dominatrix! So I would refrain from options 3 or 4, but I really Like option 1. I like the idea of not getting full price for an object. I will definitely implement that one.
Yeah you really have to be a masochist to use 3 & 4 haha. But yeah the Haggle rule is great. Props to brackenr0211 for that one!
The other cool thing about the Haggle rule is that it might make you actually trade with one of your fellow heroes (i.e. giving it to someone with a higher cunning value than you) because they are obviously more witty and are more likely to get the full value!
I've played the game more competitively than cooperatively, but we found cooperative play worked sufficiently. It's usually been against the Mob (who we find tougher than the Nazis).
I think once you start playing more co-op games you'll start to see a trend..a trend of you never losing lol I've played quite a few games and still haven't gotten beaten by the villains/vile organizations...so idk haha i'm implementing the haggle rule and I may extend the amount of fortune needed to win by 5. I do love competitive games though. Much more fun in my opinion!
The more I think of the Haggle variant, the more I like it.

... Even if it makes Jake Zane that much more of a dullard. And heck, Dr. Zhukov would go from most reviled to most welcomed hero in the game with this variant in play. Win, win!

The wife and I have played this four times so far; advanced co-op with the basic requirements. We are currently 2-2 against the villains. Like mqstout, we find the mob the tougher of the two organizations (having lost to them both times) - mainly due to the fortune spewing hideouts.

The only thing that the nazis have to match them in that regard is the possibility of soldiers displacing each other. But when you consider that we have yet to cycle through the Locations deck, that possibility is looking bleak.

Perhaps the nazis could get a fortune spewing boost from occupying cities/zones just as the mob does with their hideouts? That might do the trick to beef up that organization for you.
(01-28-2013 08:27 PM)D. Boons Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that the nazis have to match them in that regard is the possibility of soldiers displacing each other. But when you consider that we have yet to cycle through the Locations deck, that possibility is looking bleak.
Make sure you reshuffle the discard deck back into the location deck whenever you draw a location card with the shuffle icon on it. This keeps the same locations coming up more often, and the soldiers will get displaced more.
I didn't even realize that there was a shuffle icon on some city cards...uggh
(01-28-2013 10:41 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you reshuffle the discard deck back into the location deck whenever you draw a location card with the shuffle icon on it. This keeps the same locations coming up more often, and the soldiers will get displaced more.

Rats... thank you for that bit of advice, as I had missed that tidbit.

Much appreciated!
Reference URL's