TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Two story buildings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I was looking at stories of the undead inferno earlier and I really liked the idea of the second story. I didn't care for the upper level being the only level represented on the board. What I was wondering was what do you guys think about using something like the sewer add-on. Place a marker in the 1st floor as a staircase then have a block off the edge of the board that represents the second floor. That might clear up some of the movement issues people brought up in another thread. Another thought I had was to put some "post" holes in the board and then actually raise the second floor above it high enough to get some action going on under it.
Interesting concept...can zombies use ladders and fire escapes :-0
No seriously, could be a fun thing, why not go the whole distance...make a 3D board....but I think some guys on here have been working on that.......If only I didn't have to work ;( so many projects to start
I bought some sewers and I use them in my games. Just to replace the card versions you get in SotF. Look here for them used in a game report http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes

I also visited the scenery place and took some really cool shots here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ure-gaming
I love your minis... You using multiple layers of color for the skin tone? I need to get a scaled truck too..
(02-09-2013 06:32 PM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]I love your minis... You using multiple layers of color for the skin tone? I need to get a scaled truck too..

I may do a You Tube vid on getting Zombie skin tones if anyone's interested? For the time being there's a Zombie painting guide I did in the sub-section of The Tomb called (A Brush With Death).

The Truck is 1:43 scale made by a company called Vanguard. It even comes ready painted!
I'm all for any painting tutorial, I think I suscribed to your channel.

I was thinking a zombie could use a staircase for sure ladders would require a little to much dexterity I think. I was thinking though that Cretan buildings could have a second floor and others might have a basement.

Now a zed getting up a ladder might not work so well, but one falling from a second floor due to hunger could give them a realistic crawling zombie bonus, that could be a good trade off..
I love the idea of a two-floor building. I hope we see this sometime in the future.
I think your idea is great. If you start thinking about making some custom buildings it really makes sense. And using a 2nd floor in the way sewers are placed sounds like that could actually work, as long as you keep it simple.

I would suggest you only allow two story buildings on 2x2 building spaces (or greater) to use but a single 2nd floor plan type (I was thinking a 2x2 square plan). This could work with larger buildings as long as the 2nd floor sort of has a wall alignment similar to the 1st floor with access to an outdoor space (to allow for zeds moving through its walls to end up in an outdoor space and not only hitting the roof top of other buildings - although this could be fun, but then you'll need to keep track of ALL rooftops).

Also, I think it makes most sense if stairway markers (and floor plans) are placed before the game starts.

Two story buildings probably aren't well suited for all scenarios however making a custom scenario that uses them for hidden treasures could really be worth the effort.

Here's an example:

[attachment=2008]
I think for a custom scenario that would work a treat.
The second floors would defiantly follow the borders of the first floor. I was thinking that the hospital could use one, buildings like the bank and the police station could use a basement. Hell, even the farmhouse could use a fruit cellar or something, Jenny could have locked up her undead father in the cellar with hopes that something could bring him back... I can imagine dropping a lights out or taken over on the hospital with 2 Heros on the second floor searching for some pain killers... That would be great...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's