TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The last none FFP game I played
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The last game I played that wasn't an FFP game was Starcraft (plus Brood War expansion). I played it just over a week ago against my cousin and it was a bit one sided to say the least. The special victory conditions I chose for the Protos was that all the other factions needed 20vp instead of the normal 15. I of course only needed 15 and two of my starting planets had 4 points between them so i didn't have too much work to do. Another time I wouldn't have picked those planets and things might have been a whole lot different.

It's been out for a while now and FFG no longer make it, but I'm glad I bought it when it was quite cheap, well worth the money and I totally love it as a space game
I play Uno virtually every night with my family. It is about the only game my wife will play other than Sorry!

Other than the family games, the last one I played at game night was Grave Robbers from outer Space. A fun card game from zman.
Pax Baltica-a Block Game covering the Great Northern War.
Sweden won about 4 years in (Karl XII is brutal)but we're playing out the full 20 years
just to see if Saxony,Denmark & Russia can get back into it.

OD
I played King of Tokyo at a local gaming meet. There was a King of Tokyo tournament and I joined because there weren't any entrance fees involved. Made it to the final match and was close to winning the whole thing, being the last person to get eliminated because of a few judgment errors.
I play HeroScape quite a bit, which is sadly out-of-print now. The other non-FFP game I played recently was Gears of War. I really like this game because it is a huge fire-fight between the good guys and the bad guys. It is also co-op, which I like.
I actually play lots of games, recently ones(meaning in the last month or so) Zombicide(good but not as LNoE), City of Horror(I expected more), Legends of Andor(Fantasy Coop, have a long way on it yet, but until now having only played the tutorial seems nice), Carcassonne(classic), Smallworld(one of my favorites), Bootleggers(gangster prohibition, ok but not something special)
oh and i forgot , also played recently Cyclades, not very happy about it, i am not fan of games which use both resource and military control, i prefer them to be one of the two
Since getting it late last week, we've played a lot of games of Police Precinct.

I missed it at the time, but the game is a spawn of kickstarter.

Design-wise, it is a fun and engaging board game version of Hill Street Blues. Each person (1-6 players, 13+) takes the part of a uniformed officer or detective on the hunt for a murderer. You need to investigate the crime scene, interview witnesses - essentially gather enough evidence to put the bad guy away. While trying to do so, the players must also work together to keep ever emerging emergencies at bay; traffic accidents, bank robberies, abusive spouses, rioting street punks, stolen cars - you name it. Fail too many of them, or allow the more urgent emergencies to expire and the crime tracker drops one step closer to end game.

At its core, the game is a pure card and dice driven co-op. But to spice things up (when playing with at least 4+), they provide an optional secret 'Dirty Cop' mechanic. The Corrupt Cop hinders the investigation in various ways, much like Shadows Over Camelot.

Overall, the game is clever and a lot fun.

Production wise... holy cow. Everything in the box is nice; the cards are decent, the artwork is functional, the cardboard bits nice and sturdy. However there are some grievous printing errors in this first edition that I assume will result in some deserved bashing.

* The city map/game board compass has East and West reversed.
* Specific Event cards actually reference these split mirror universe directions!
* On the murder investigation board, an important piece of the game used to track gathered evidence, they spelled it 'AUTOPOSY'.

A year in development; a kickstarter project that met its goals; Tom Vasel reviewed it to high heaven; game art was up at the Geek for however many months. And still, not one person pointed out these errors.

Either the game is so incredible to play that no one cares, or my standards for printed material is too damned high anymore. I am not too sure.

Check it out. Police Precinct from Common Man Games.
Reference URL's