TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: TP's Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish rule on older scenarios?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious as to how you guys handled this. According to the Timber Peak rulebook (page 3):

In Timber Peak, all of the Scenarios use the Scenario Special Rules for Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish (covered on page 22). The intent is that these two rules are simply now part of the game and should always be used (as they tend to make the game more fun all around).

I interpreted this as saying all scenarios, including those released before Timber Peak, are to be played with Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish. After all, both dot rules balance each other out. And then, I came across the Growing Hunger scenarios that have Heroes Replenish as a special scenario rule, but not Always Zombie Heroes.

So, what do we do with those scenarios? Play it without the Always Zombie Heroes rule as the scenario special rules have already been balanced out by FFP? Or add the Always Zombie Heroes rule as, that rule is simply now part of the game and should always be used?
Many people already played the game that way with these two rules. It's your choice if you add it -- or not -- backwards, but generally, RAW, is that you will, if you're using any TP material at all, have those two rules active.
I use Heroes Replenish and Always Zombie Heroes in EVERY scenario now.
Base Game + All Expansions
Timber Peak

UNLESS
The scenario already has one or both rules in place. If that is the case I play the scenario as originally intended.
I incorporate this into all my games no matter what. I have piled all expansions including timber peak together.
(03-06-2013 05:28 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]UNLESS
The scenario already has one or both rules in place. If that is the case I play the scenario as originally intended.

This makes a lot of sense. I'm thinking that for the scenarios pre-Timber Peak that already has Heroes Replenish but not Always Zombie Heroes were already formulated with the special rules balanced out, so adding Always Zombie Heroes would shift the scenario in favor of the Zombies.

(03-07-2013 01:06 AM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]I incorporate this into all my games no matter what. I have piled all expansions including timber peak together.

I did this too, but reading the Growing Hunger scenarios made me hesitate.
They balance each other in the dot system so there shouldn't be a balance issue incorporating it in all the scenarios and if only one is in a scenario and the other part is not just give the other person in most cases the heroes the dots to balance the game maybe getting barricades or hero cards or free search tokens.
Forgive my ignorance but by Always Zombie Heroes does that mean whenever a hero dies, the zombie player gets a zombie hero?

If that is the case it could answer why it is so imbalanced when my group plays. We always do heroes replenish, and for balance the zombie player gets auto spawn.
(03-08-2013 12:09 AM)Kevthenurse Wrote: [ -> ]Forgive my ignorance but by Always Zombie Heroes does that mean whenever a hero dies, the zombie player gets a zombie hero?

Yes

(03-08-2013 12:09 AM)Kevthenurse Wrote: [ -> ]If that is the case it could answer why it is so imbalanced when my group plays. We always do heroes replenish, and for balance the zombie player gets auto spawn.

Just balance your games with Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish both are worth 2 Dots each

Zombies Auto Spawn is worth 4 Dots and is a killer this would favour the Zombies in a big way.

Take a look here I put all the Dots costs in a thread http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ence-chart
Thanks man!
Those rules for Growin Hunger confused me as well.
Reference URL's