TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: On work and zombies...the lanyard war.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What would a Brit call a lanyard?
I think they call it the same thing, it's just spelled different (laniard).
I wear one everyday at work. I work in a school. We just call them staff IDs.
Lanyard is the... loop that it attaches to. Keys are often attached to them. Or a loop on the end of a flashlight so you don't drop it...
Off topic: talking about things that we see everyday but don't know what they are called. What is the name of the plastic thingie on the ends of a shoelace...
My lanyard says zombie killer, maybe you need to get a lanyard that is not sympathetic to zombies. She could just be prejudiced against the undead...and marihuana.
(03-08-2013 02:12 AM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]Off topic: talking about things that we see everyday but don't know what they are called. What is the name of the plastic thingie on the ends of a shoelace...

Those things are called Aglets. The only reason I know that is a character in the Leslie Neilsen film Repossessed was called Nancy Aglet and she explained her name. Jeez I need to get out more...
Same store I found the lanyard I have? Spencers? I will check it out.
(03-08-2013 02:56 AM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2013 02:12 AM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]Off topic: talking about things that we see everyday but don't know what they are called. What is the name of the plastic thingie on the ends of a shoelace...

Those things are called Aglets. The only reason I know that is a character in the Leslie Neilsen film Repossessed was called Nancy Aglet and she explained her name. Jeez I need to get out more...

That's is the same movie I learned it from! LOL!
I also wear one everyday at work-they are state issued,but as far as I know you can use a personal one.
They hold out ID Badges & trigger our electronic locks.

The Judiciary has no written dress code beyond business casual but as God's Gift to middle managment,
I have to enforce the dress code that does not officialy exist.It can get interesting as if the offending party
does not comply it's considered insupordination.

OD
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's