TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: TP Heroes/ NY Redbulls Zombies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time painting. I used a walnut poly to seal them. I was hoping it would give them a sort of grungy look but apparently I need to use a darker poly hah. Anyway my friends and I are huge NY Redbull fans so I surprised them by making all the TP zombies fans. Would love some feed back and I hope you enjoy.
Great job Akfromla!

What was the reaction when you showed your friends the Zombies?

I like the drops of blood and the steady hand you used to paint Alice's edges on her dress. What paint range do you use? The colours look pretty solid. I bet it makes a huge difference to your games, now that all your figures are painted up.

+1 Rep
(03-08-2013 12:29 AM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Great job Akfromla!

What was the reaction when you showed your friends the Zombies?

I like the drops of blood and the steady hand you used to paint Alice's edges on her dress. What paint range do you use? The colours look pretty solid. I bet it makes a huge difference to your games, now that all your figures are painted up.

+1 Rep

They really enjoyed it. They gave me a new list of ideas for the remaining zombies. As for paint I used Citadel: Red, blue, yellow, flesh tone, white and black (they were a bit pricey but really covered well). Everything else I mixed to get. I did prime the zombies before painting them but I didn't really notice any difference in the ease of painting or the minis taking to the color. White was the one I had to paint more then one coat of.

And yes the games seemed a bit more lively now as well. I'm on the hunt for other props such as the well and tree stump and small zombie pits.
Alice is flawless, I'm happy to see you did the bases too.. I'm going to paint all of mine before I put the base detail on. They look great, keep em goin.
I really like the vibrant color.

What color did you prime? Just curious if it has something to do with the vibrant color as an end result.
(03-11-2013 01:50 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the vibrant color.

What color did you prime? Just curious if it has something to do with the vibrant color as an end result.

I primed the entire body of all the zombies (after I painted the heroes) since I read that it made the models easier to paint. To be honest I didn't notice any difference in color vibrancy or ease of painting. The non-primed models took to the paint just as well as the primed ones.
Reference URL's