TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Card Sleeving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
okay, so I am relatively new to the whole hardcore gaming sitch. the two games I play ferociously are LNOE and Cosmic Encounter (though there are several others that I am into as well...)

I recently started reading about card sleeving and have decided to give that a try. I ordered sleeves for CE and for TP and other expansions that I have (though I don't know if I'll sleeve those just yet, because I mix expansions with a colleague I play with who also hasn't sleeved yet.) neither have arrived yet, but I'm curious...

what are people's thoughts on sleeving? does it make it harder to play? is it worth the time, money, and potential difficulties in shuffling and storage?

I'd love to hear discussion on this topic--for these games or any others.
I had sleeved my base game cards and it was great. After I got SOTF and TP, I had to un sleeve them. They just didn't fit where I needed them to sleeved. It will effectively triple you deck size easy. Once I reorganize they'll get sleeves again. For now, I lay some felt on the table so they don't get too hammered..
I've sleeved all my cards, including the base game, growing hunger, hero pack, survival of the fittest and around 20 self made cards.
Every card type has his own color, hero cards are in green sleeves, zombie cards in black, grave weapons in red, unique weapons and special tactics in grey and yellow.
It also helps when you use/play with self made cards, so you don't have to print front and back side. But friskers is right, it will triple your deck size but in my opinion it's worth it.
Sleeving makes shuffling impossible for me. I even riffle shuffle my Magic decks (which sometimes makes some people choke up...). I periodically replace my Magic lands or the coins/victory points for Dominion, but otherwise they don't get very bad...

Except I see the FANG Danger deck getting bad quickly.
I found sleeves made shuffling easier. Instead of traditional ways I split the deck in half and slip em together. Worked better for LNOE than with magic for some reason. I'd get mana clumps all the time with magic.
I use penny sleeves for my cards it offers some protection granted not the the best, but you can still see the backs and doesn't make the deck as large as regular sleeves.
I think sleeving a flying frog game is a little redundant. The cards are top notch quality and should hold up to repeated play just fine.

The only cards I might consider sleeving are the town elders from ATOE- for two reasons; Firstly, they're the only cards that are at all likely to be handled every game, and secondly, the sleeve might be a good place to tuck in the secrets.
I'd like some sleeves for the scenario and hero cards... Anyone know the size of the MTG Plainswalker cards. A 4X6 ultra pro sleeve would be cool..

Wow... They actually make em... I love ultra pro
I want to sleeve my decks, but living in a small english countryside town. There are no real hobby shops and I am afraid to buy on line incase I get wrong size or something equally fun. Alot of cards amounts to a lot of sleeves and so a lot of conkers. Any advice from you guys? Size, brand, websites? Thankyou very much indeed.
(02-16-2014 12:20 PM)stevey.ferret.lord Wrote: [ -> ]I want to sleeve my decks, but living in a small english countryside town. There are no real hobby shops and I am afraid to buy on line incase I get wrong size or something equally fun. Alot of cards amounts to a lot of sleeves and so a lot of conkers. Any advice from you guys? Size, brand, websites? Thankyou very much indeed.

I use the Mayday green standard 63.5 x 88mm card sleeves and they work great I got the regulars not the premium thick. I will warn you that the box inserts can no longer hold the cards when sleeved so you either have to remove the insert or find an alternative storage solution. I invested in two 8 deck blackjack discard trays to hold the hero and zombie deck up right on the board when playing and I set all the other stacks on board they aren't too tall to stand on their own. The top
Of the card is slightly exposed as you can see but it's the only card sleeve I found to be a perfect fit. I tried two others that were no good. I store all cards in trays as you can see for storage (this helps flatten them too). Let me know if I can help any other way.

Here is a link to the sleeves I bought, you can shop around for best price I got mine off amazon because it's free shipping when you buy $35 worth of stuff.

http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves-63-5...-pack.html

[Image: 2qlfh55.jpg]

[Image: rw1mqh.jpg]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's