TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: "I Know Where it is!" from Hero Pack One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so, I just got Hero Pack One, and I am confused by the wording of the card "I Know Where it is!"

the words read:

Event
PLAY IMMEDIATELY
Play this card on a Random Building. Any Hero in that building may discard this card when when Searching there to instead look through the Hero Deck and take one Item card of their choice.
Remains in Play.

okay, so I am confused on the rules of this card. so let's say that Billy has this card in the center of Town. he plays the card ("Play Immediately") roll a 6 sided die to find the corner, then to find the building... we'll say Farmhouse.

The card is marked, "Remains in Play" so I assume it doesn't go directly to the discard pile?

But a Hero needs a copy of this card to discard it in the Farmhouse... so the copy does go to into the Discard Pile (otherwise it wouldn't reach the discard pile until the Zombies canceled it right? eliminating it's effect altogether?) now a Hero must find a way to recover the card from the Discard Pile get to the Farmhouse and then take any card from the Hero Deck?

is there a simpler way to interpret this card or something that I am missing people who have been playing with this expansion?
When it goes out, it stays in play (the remains part) on that building. Once the heros search in the building it is on, it goes from play into the discard. Compare it to the Zombie event card "I've got to get to the..."
(03-10-2013 01:18 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]When it goes out, it stays in play (the remains part) on that building. Once the heros search in the building it is on, it goes from play into the discard. Compare it to the Zombie event card "I've got to get to the..."

so when it's drawn from the discard, it doesn't have to be played immediately, but instead the hero who finds it can take the card into their hand, make their way to the building originally played on (I assume we should write down what building it was played on originally then, since there isn't a marker) and discard it there to pull any Item Card from the deck. does this sound like an adequate summary of how to treat this card?
I think you're over complicating the cardZombie17 I will try to put this in a step by step format.

1) The I Know Where it is! card is drawn from the Hero deck.
2) The I Know Where it is! card is placed on a random building, like so. It will Remain in Play until step 3 takes place.
[attachment=2134]
3) When any Hero is in that building and they Search they may put I Know Where it is! into the discard pile. (The card is now used).
4) Now draw any Item from the Hero deck for the Hero who Searched.

Hope this helps.
(03-10-2013 07:30 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]I think you're over complicating the cardZombie17 I will try to put this in a step by step format.

1) The I Know Where it is! card is drawn from the Hero deck.
2) The I Know Where it is! card is placed on a random building, like so. It will Remain in Play until step 3 takes place.

3) When any Hero is in that building and they Search they may put I Know Where it is! into the discard pile. (The card is now used).
4) Now draw any Item from the Hero deck for the Hero who Searched.

Hope this helps.

ah, thank you! that makes so much more sense. thank you for the detailed description.
Reference URL's