TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: "Zombies!!!" board game creator Todd Breitenstein fighing cancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that there are at least a few of you who play or have played "Zombies!!!" over the years. The following has been posted over at the games home, Twilight Creations Inc. :

Quote:Dear Fans, Friends and Supporters,

We are asking for your thoughts and prayers for Todd. He has been fighting cancer for the last 9 months. The cancer has advanced to stage IV with metastasis to his lungs. He has been in the hospital with infections and uncontrolled pain for the last three weeks, but hopefully we will be able to move him home to continue his battle.

As most of you know, Todd and I are the owners of Twilight Creations. We run the company, mainly just the two of us, including development, design and publishing. We have slowly but surely been getting our kids involved in the affairs of the company. While this year will have fewer releases than usual, rest assured that Twilight Creations is continuing on. We ask for your continued support and patience through these trying times.

Sincerely Yours,

Kerry Breitenstein

Todd & Kerry both have always been great to the fan community in the past & could use as much support as possible in a time like this.

If any of you are members over at BGG.com you can post your well wishes here & give the game a "10" rating in the drive to make it #1:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/940650/i...ity-suppor

Shoot them a card or letter here:

Quote:Twilight Creations, Inc.
6103 Cabin Creek East Dr
Cold Spring KY 41076

Or e-mail here:

Quote:todd@twilightcreationsinc.com

kerry@twilightcreationsinc.com
That's horrible. I've played Zombies!!! it is a fun game. I think of it as a grown up version of Sorry, you can move the zombies in such a way to royally screw your opponents.

And I'm afraid that people generally don't recover from stage IV cancer...there is no stage V =/

A former coworker of mine died from stage IV lung cancer. She lingered for about a year. Several rounds of radiation and chemotherapy just ravaged her body. She was so...emaciated. It killed me to see her so miserable.

Very sad news.
Quote:Cancer took Todd Breitenstein yesterday. Zombies!!! hit rank 418 this morning due to my little rally cry to raise it's rating in support.

Thank you, everyone.

When I was speaking with Kerry early on about this, I knew Todd was in really, really bad shape.

I knew we couldn't get this game to number 1 in time.

But that wasn't the point.

The point was - fight.

The point was - cheer.

The point was - in the face of an insurmountable challenge, that's when you learn who you are. Do you give up because something is difficult? Or do you push on?

Todd took comfort from this thread. That's what mattered. If we were able to bring a smile to that family, that's what matters.

I would ask that everyone return and remove their ratings. This fight is done. It was never about the ratings. It was about that pat on the back. It is time to rest.

RIP Todd
Incredibly sad news..rest in peace
Rest in peace.
Sadness.
Sad news indeed. Rest in peace, Todd Breitenstein.
That's truly awful news. Zombies!!! is the reason I bought LNOE, and is in part responsible for my ongoing obsession.

He leaves behind some truly remarkable games that innovated within the genre. Something he created will long outlive him, and has inspired some and given enjoyment to many others. I hope that's some consolation to his friends and family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
(03-26-2013 09:33 PM)sickboy Wrote: [ -> ]That's truly awful news. Zombies!!! is the reason I bought LNOE, and is in part responsible for my ongoing obsession.

He leaves behind some truly remarkable games that innovated within the genre. Something he created will long outlive him, and has inspired some and given enjoyment to many others. I hope that's some consolation to his friends and family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Same here. In my search for the Zombie game I bought myself one Christmas many years ago I found and fell in love with LNoE.

A sad day Insane19
Yeah, it's hard to believe he's gone. "Zombies!!!" was my entry in to boardgaming, I was a superfan from word go, continued to be big TCI fans ever since. One of the things I've enjoyed ever since is the steady flow of expansions for "Zombies!!!" plus new games of every kind. I had just bought "Zombie Survival" last year & it's a great decision making simulator of the titular subject.

So the reality that Todd isn't with us any more is still a bitter pill that I have a hard time swallowing. Insane19
---MS
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's