TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Vicious Attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[b]Roll an extra Fight Dice.

If the Zombie wins the Fight, they do an extra wound to the Hero.
[/b]

So we had some pretty upset heroes in my last game. I would roll my lowly single zombie fight die and get a 6 and the sad hero would roll a 3+2 or something along that line and I would break out my Vicious Attack card and deal 2 wounds instead of one. There were some comments made that this possibly couldn't be the correct timing/use of the card since I already "won" the fight. Anyone else have angry heroes with this card? I hope I'm using it the correct way since I was playing during the fight and did not use any other fight cards.
(03-10-2013 05:57 PM)Akfromla Wrote: [ -> ][b]Roll an extra Fight Dice.

If the Zombie wins the Fight, they do an extra wound to the Hero.
[/b]

So we had some pretty upset heroes in my last game. I would roll my lowly single zombie fight die and get a 6 and the sad hero would roll a 3+2 or something along that line and I would break out my Vicious Attack card and deal 2 wounds instead of one. There were some comments made that this possibly couldn't be the correct timing/use of the card since I already "won" the fight. Anyone else have angry heroes with this card? I hope I'm using it the correct way since I was playing during the fight and did not use any other fight cards.

You're using it correctly. It is probably one of the most dangerous Zombie Cards. I would say the most dangerous is Terror at Timber peak. I've been on the recieving end of Vicious Attack as the Hero player and had Heroes killed on their 1st Zombie attack. Not nice. To see this actually happen see this game report http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...kest-Night
Nice. I have pulled Terror at Timber peak in one of my 1st zombie hands. My hero friends should be quite excited to hear this news.
I end up playing heros a lot, we get sad panda on most things... Last night I rolled double sixes against a zombie six and lost my chainsaw. Whining of epic proportions... Whenever I see viscous attack a part of me dies inside...
Good way to destroy a generator too!!
(03-10-2013 08:15 PM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]I end up playing heros a lot, we get sad panda on most things... Last night I rolled double sixes against a zombie six and lost my chainsaw. Whining of epic proportions... Whenever I see viscous attack a part of me dies inside...

Haha, this makes me want to make a small panda hat and put it on the hero who whines the most.
This card can be confusing but you do roll your 2 die as hero and 1 as zombie and THEN... You play cards and/or weapons that can effect the result so playing it after you won the fight is a little cruel but is correct lol.

See below for the image of the card. It is labeled as a FIGHT card and only 1 FIGHT card can be played per combat for zombies.

[Image: pic1325884_md.jpg]
(03-17-2013 03:17 PM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]This card can be confusing but you do roll your 2 die as hero and 1 as zombie and THEN... You play cards and/or weapons that can effect the result so playing it after you won the fight is a little cruel but is correct lol.

See below for the image of the card. It is labeled as a FIGHT card and only 1 FIGHT card can be played per combat for zombies.

[Image: pic1325884_md.jpg]

Ack. Are we sure on this one? Is there an official ruling? It feels weird to play it after, when the main intention of the card is to add an extra die in the hope of winning the fight.

So, it's valid, even though the fight may have already gone in the zombie's favor?
It would seem that playing the card after the zombie has won the fight is OK. A vicious attack indeed.
(03-10-2013 08:15 PM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]I end up playing heros a lot, we get sad panda on most things... Last night I rolled double sixes against a zombie six and lost my chainsaw. Whining of epic proportions... Whenever I see viscous attack a part of me dies inside...

Just curious, because I want to be sure I'm playing the Chainsaw card correctly, but if the zombie player rolled a 6, why would you even use the chainsaw and risk losing it? Chances are you won't be winning a fight when the zombie rolls a 6. I would have held off playing Chainsaw until I at least saw the initial fight dice rolls, no?

Generally, just like Vicious Attack, I tend to wait until the fight dice have been rolled to see if I even WON the initial fight dice rolls (zombie = 1 die, hero = 2 dice) and THEN I opt to use the chainsaw. Yes, rolling an extra fight dice after you've already pretty much won the fight might seem useless but at least it ensures the kill. I mean, I guess if the zombie player hasn't yet used a Fight card they could now use one and somehow win the fight and then I lose the chainsaw, but at least I'm hedging my bet on the use of the chainsaw.

Actually, I see Vicious Attack as the same thing. Wait until you've already "won" on the initial dice rolls and then play Vicious Attack. The extra fight die doesn't really matter as much as the ability to inflict what appears to be an automatic extra wound (unless the hero plays a card after this to turn the tide into a hero win.)

In both cases, I view the extra fight die from either the Chainsaw or Vicious Attack as icing on the cake that, hopefully, could provide some added ammunition in case your opponent then plays their own Fight card to try to turn the tide of the fight before all cards have been played and a victor declared.

Is this correct?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's