TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Got My Dream Job!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I was very little, I have wanted to build rides for Disneyland. It is why I chose electrical engineering in college, and why I took my first engineering job building factory machinery. It is also the reason my little member blurb says "Grim Grinning Ghoul;" it is a Haunted Mansion reference (with ghoul substituted for ghost, for a more zombie feel).

I have been applying for engineering positions at Disneyland for years, and just last month, I was finally hired as a ride engineer for the park. This involved moving my family to Southern California, about 6 hours from our home in San Jose. It is also why I have not been active on the boards for a month or so. A majority of my TZG time was a direct result of my slacking at my old job. Insane20

I am very busy in my new position, but I love it. I may not post as often as I used to now, but I promise I am still lurking, and if I ever finish painting my GH minis, I will post them here.

So wish me luck in my new position. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all still, but I am sure I will be more comfortable soon. And if any of you are ever going to Disneyland, and want to meet up for a bit, send me a PM, and maybe we can arrange something. Watchmen02
Congratulations! Not everyone can say they love what they do. Cherish it, and make some effin' awesome rides for me!
I can't wait to hear more about this. Dream jobs are awesome, and this one sounds particularly awesome. (And now I want to reread Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom.)
Congratulations vikinglad. Now build some damn good rides. If possible sneak in a Zombie if you're building a ghost train!Zombie17
DUDE! That is AWESOME! Congratulations! By the way... maybe you can sneak some zombies into something. You know... family friendly zombies. LOL!
Great News...Enjoy

OD

PS Now put your Location on the Map-Friskers looks so lonely out there in the Golden west.
That is awesome VL, I wish you the best of luck with your job and the move!
That is awesome. Congrats, I request a zombie themed mini park.
Congratulations! Getting your dream job is a good start!
May your dream-feeling keep on when miserable reality might kick in!

I imagine a Z-Mickey at the moment! Strange picture!
Reference URL's