TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hopes for Blood in the Forest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So the latest information that I could find on Blood in the Forest sets its release date sometime in June of this year. Thanks to the info that samuraitrev has found we know it well have a new zombie type, 2 new heroes ( a reformed nun and a FBI agent), new hero and zombie cards, and new boards. So what are some of the things that you hope for out of this expansion?

I am hoping for new guns for the heroes. I would love to see some more semi auto type weapons similar to the pistol but in rifle form, like an M1 carbine, range of 3 or 4 can be fired twice per ranged attack. A double barrel shotgun would be great, not sure how the mechanics would work but it would be cool. It would also make all the Ash fan made characters a little closer to the one in the movie.

For the zombies I am hoping for more cards that affect the heroes when they are outside. Things like fog that decreases range on weapons, maybe even another heavy rain or something similar. The other thing that would be nice is more fire cards. Not only cards that start fires but ones that make it move faster, so it acts more like a real wild fire. Right now fire is slow but see that this new expansion takes place in the forest the fire should move quickly.

So in summary, I want to see new guns for the heroes, zombie cards that affect the heroes that are not in a building, and more fire stuff. What all do you want to see in this expansion?
Agree about Weather and Fire cards as this will be an outdoor expansion. I always look forward to new scenarios, particularly those with time limits or hidden search items such as the tool box and fuel cans in some of the TP scenarios.

Not sure about too many new weapons as I think we're reaching rules saturation point (if you play with all expansions).
Ooooh...liking the sound of this. An Ash type character would be good and loving the idea of creepy fog. How about a little something in the cellar?
more rusty tools from the tool and wood shed maybe, with the potential to be really effective but a higher chance of breaking
At the end of the Timber Peak rule book there's a Q&A section. I'm intrigued by the last Q&A

'Q - Are all of the other Heroes from Woodinvale
dead?

A – No. Some others made it out. Some did not.'

I want to find out; who else lived?
Father Joseph is actually now, 'Sister Ophelia, the reformed man'? Zombie17
(03-15-2013 03:52 PM)Anim8r Wrote: [ -> ]Father Joseph is actually now, 'Sister Ophelia, the reformed man'? Zombie17

Yuk! Thanks for that mental image!Zombie17
Let's compare what we know about Blood in the Forest with what came in Growing Hunger:

- GH's 2 L-boards vs BitF's 4 L-boards, 4 S-boards and 1 center board
- GH's 7 red zombies vs BitF's 7 Feral Zombies
- GH's 4 new heroes vs BitF's 2 new heroes (no confirmation if BitF is limited to the 2 new heroes)
- GH's 3 new scenarios vs BitF's X new scenarios (number not confirmed)
- GH's 25/25 new Hero/Zombie cards vs BitF's X new Hero/Zombie cards (number not confirmed)

Just by this, it looks like Blood in the Forest will be a bigger expansion.

I want to see at least one new version of a Woodinvale survivor.
Seeing new Woodinvale Survivors would be cool but I have this odd feeling that Flying Frog is going to save that for Hero Pack 2.
Well, all I really want is for it to exist. LOL!

To be honest, I LOVE miniatures, and especially love new kinds of zombies. So, not only do we already know we are getting new zombies, but we are also getting two new heroes. So, I am a very happy camper. (See what I did there? Cuz it's a forrest! LOL! Yeah, that was pretty bad.)

But, the fog idea would be pretty cool. Not so sure what I think about the fire spreading faster, though. In my gaming group's experience, that damn fire starts to spread fast enough. LOL! It seems like EVERY SINGLE TIME you roll to see if it spreads... sure enough it does. Even when sometimes it doesn't, nothing happens. They almost never seem to go out.

One thing I would definitely like is some new scenarios. You can never get enough scenarios. To me, they are always the best way to keep the game fresh. I love the fact that, after getting all the expansions for the base game, you have so many different scenarios that you'll almost never even get to play them all! What better way to keep the game fresh?
I would like to see a sword,a riot shield though unlikely, grenades possibly from a survivalists stash, more zombie upgrades that stick around.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's