TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Outbreak: Undead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a friend of mine bought the Outbreak: Undead book a while ago and for those who don't know it's a pen and paper RPG of a zombie apocalypse. The cool thing about it is you can turn yourself into a character and play.

HIGHLY recommend this to everyone it is so AWESOME!. My friends and I created our character sheets (the makers have this quiz you do to determine your stats and you choose your skills based on stats and real life abilities/careers for example if your a nurse/doctor you get straight up bonuses for healing wounds, if you do martial arts you can choose that skill for fighting bonuses etc) and we are playing in our hometown which is really cool (no need to make up locations/maps cause we all know the town fairly well) and we are having a BLAST!

after finishing our second session (all up about 6-7 hours of playing) we've FINALLY finished our first day (about 12 game hours in game) and holy cow has it been one HELL of a ride.

so far i've killed 7 zombies and had a pretty intense encounter with some vigilantes looting a local IGA for food (they didn't threaten us but we wanted to loot a GP near the IGA and I didn't want to go in leaving our car and ourselves open for attack) so i approached them talked to them but of course they freaked out and i had to aim my gun at them to gain control of the situation. fortunately no one got hurt and we went out separate ways.

anyone else played this game?
Is this like a DnD book?
I like RPG's but the read up on this one doesn't really do it for me, let alone the cost, which appears to be many times higher than other RPG's. I'll stick to All Flesh Must Be Eaten for my zombie RPG's for now, or at least until the price comes down Zombie03
I read the rules for Outbreak Undead 2 years ago when I ran into it at GenCon. I didn't like the rules ONE BIT. It's far too "detailed" and "simulationist" to be a fun game to me.
i'll definitely admit it is somewhat simulationist-y, but it's literally just like playing DnD with a real life setting and a zombie apocalypse. that's a double win for me so if you like DnD definitely give it a look, I think you can get the PDF for $20 instead of buying the physical book.

best part is my friends are also going to try turning our game story into a comic, and so far it's a pretty awesome story, but the hard part is recording it, last session we got so caught up in the game we forgot to record the details of our adventures, while we can remember the gist of it, it's the dialogue and interactions that i really wish we wrote down.
(03-17-2013 08:20 AM)SmokinBaraka Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can get the PDF for $20 instead of buying the physical book.

It's £11 on drivethru but that's still a lot for a PDF in my opinion
Reference URL's