TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Truck and barrels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went to a train model/toy show this weekend. Saw tons and tons of great scenery and landscape models and additions. I was half tempted to spend 30$ on a completed graveyard that pretty much scale to the game.

Anyway while I was there I was on the hunt for anything I could throw into the game. I found this great truck and some barrels that I'll have to paint.

I was thinking of sanding the barrels down to give them some scratches, priming them and throwing on a rust color with some green oozing out of the tops.
The barrels look perfect scale-wise. I'd have to see a figure next to the Truck. I bought this truck from a company called Vanguard and the barrels in the back are Games Workshop. I thought I'd share a few of my props. To maybe give you some ideas.
[attachment=2154]

Games Workshop also did the Gas tanks too. These get used in many games.
[attachment=2155]

There's some great looking barrels here at eureka miniatures
[attachment=2158]

A well from a company called urban construct
[attachment=2156]

A book token. I made this from modelling clay
[attachment=2157]

Old Betsy from Mega Miniatures
[attachment=2159]

Or Zombie Betsy. This is a custom job made from 3 different dogs
[attachment=2160]
I searched for your vanguard one online, I only found it on a UK based site for 12 pounds lol I got mine for 5$ which was perfect, I'll most likely paint it a darker blue with some mud like yours but the scale is 1:43. I've been keeping an eye for for gas cans online but where did you get the well from?
(03-18-2013 07:31 PM)Akfromla Wrote: [ -> ]I searched for your vanguard one online, I only found it on a UK based site for 12 pounds lol I got mine for 5$ which was perfect, I'll most likely paint it a darker blue with some mud like yours but the scale is 1:43. I've been keeping an eye for for gas cans online but where did you get the well from?

Your truck scale is perfect then. I got my truck from a store much cheaper ( thats 1:43 and it comes ready painted too). The well is from this company http://www.wargameterrain.co.uk/index.php I couldn't find the well on the site though you may need to send an email and ask. It's made of resin and it's from the castle set.

Hope this helps.
I couldn't find the barrels on WG I did a quick search for them on google and unfortunately some people are selling 1 gas tank + 2 fuel cells for 10$ little bit to much.

Anyway I found this guy on eureka, not sure if you've played All Hallows Eve web scenario but I think this guy would make a perfect Zombie Master.

The Lnoe minis are 28mm right?

http://www.eurekaminusa.com/product.aspx...02&cid=227
(03-19-2013 06:11 PM)Akfromla Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't find the barrels on WG I did a quick search for them on google and unfortunately some people are selling 1 gas tank + 2 fuel cells for 10$ little bit to much.

Anyway I found this guy on eureka, not sure if you've played All Hallows Eve web scenario but I think this guy would make a perfect Zombie Master.

The Lnoe minis are 28mm right?

http://www.eurekaminusa.com/product.aspx...02&cid=227

Yes the LNoE minis are 28mm scale. The Zombie master would be perfect (He could be any of the townsfolk underneath that hood!)

I did a thread here comparing all the scales of miniature Zombies that I own. Take a look it may help (look through the full thread as it's ongoing) http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ison-shots
The zombie master looks perfect. I'd have to say All Hollows Eve was one of my favorite scenarios.
Glad I kept my gas cans from my 1/35 scale models and GW minis...excellent ideas to make game play more fun (I think). After I saw this tread I ran to Wally World to buy an old Pick Up Truck.

Nice work...thanks for sharing.

Dennis
So I finally got around to painting my truck and I'm really happy with the results. I tried as best I could to match the dings and rust stains.
I even added a little bloody hand print (hand prints are hard).

After I took the entire thing apart to paint it I noticed I had a lot of extra room in the cab. So of course I had to add some LED's for headlights =). Hope you all enjoy.
This looks great! Really nice job on the truck.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's