TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: new zombie games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just blew a weeks paycheck on some stuff.. Watchmen02 .. been saving up for some boardgame fun.

picked up zombicide and zombie apocalypse. passed on horror city.

also zot that zombie flux card game and a few graphic novels !

also grabbed the standalone LNOE expansion .. can't wait to see that!
(03-18-2013 08:23 PM)soundguy Wrote: [ -> ]just blew a weeks paycheck on some stuff.. Watchmen02 .. been saving up for some boardgame fun.

picked up zombicide and zombie apocalypse. passed on horror city.

also zot that zombie flux card game and a few graphic novels !

also grabbed the standalone LNOE expansion .. can't wait to see that!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on each game. It would be good to know how they rank up.
hope to play some this weekend!

I specifically looked for coop games.

city of horrors looke dlike it was coop till the stuff hit the fan.. then to heck with your neighbor..

our group doesn't like PVP we like PVE and coop games.

will post a review as we get to them.
Curious to hear about zombicide, been looking and looking, just can't buy it though.. Hopefully a good review helps..
i believe it was a kickstarter game.

i hit their site and downloade dthe updated rules, and the faq, and about 15 different and updated missions and campaigns.

hope to look at it this weekend.
I am curious about zombicide as well. I pre-ordered Zpocalypse and just got it in the mail the other day. Can't wait until I can get time to play.
I got Zombicide through Kickstarter, and have had some great fun playing it. It's fast, fun and frantic. Very easy to pick up and play. There are a few ways to abuse the rules as written and make the game too easy to win, however, that would severely impact on the enjoyment of the game.

I don't see that it would ever replace LNoE as my zombie game of choice, but when I want to have a quick solo mess around and slay some zombies it's great fun. My wife even enjoyed the game she played with me.

I think it's more a gaming system. The most fun I've had is creating my own scenarios and adding in special rules specifically for them. Once the Season 2 kickstarter has finished and I have more tiles and more zombies, I am thinking of creating an interlinked set of scenarious, where your level, items etc. all follow through to a final epic battle.

A lot of people seem to have issues with the rules as written, specifically the targeting priority when shooting into a space with heroes. Essentially you kill your heroes before any zombies. I don't mind this rule as it makes you think about NOT leaving your heroes surrounded by zombies. I do have a problem with the car rules though, as to me they make little to no sense. I haven't house ruled them out but I think they should be fixed in a future rules update. I doubt they will be and I may house rule the car rules at some point.

If you want to see the game in action Watch It Played did a live playthough which has been since uploaded to youtube. It's very good and should give you enough information to make a decision on whether or not you want to purchase it for yourself.

I kickstarted Zpocalypse before Zombicide but it hasn't managed to make its way to me just yet.

EDIT:
If you are a miniature painter then Zombicide is pretty much a dream, as it comes with a tonne of fantastic miniatures.
i do like the minnies included.

can't wait to get zpoc.
I got Zombicide last week for my birthday and I would definitely recommend it to any of the undead here! The game is very intense, every turn the zombie army grows larger and larger and as you level up more zombies spawn and it gets even larger and terrifying and ahhhhh! Its a great game for the average gamer who may not have as large of a passion for zombie culture as everyone here and it is a tad bit shorter than LNoE which is usually a good thing for me at least! Its also great for Zombie fans obviously Watchmen02

I invested in their expansions on kickstarter already and I've only had the game a week. It truly is a great game. I would suggest watching some videos on it and getting a grasp of the game. If you love Zombie games this is one I wouldn't pass up.

But just so everyone knows zombicide will never take LNoE place as my #1 zombie game <3
Reference URL's