TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The perfect Deck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

First of all I was wondering what is a good size, number of cards for the hero and zombie decks?

Secondly. I was wondering what cards do you leave out entirely and and what cards are must haves to make the game the even and best it can be.

The sets i currently have are

Last night on Earth
Growing hunger
Timber peak (coming in 10 days)
Hero pack 01
Stock up supplement
Revenge of the Dead supplement
Zombie Pillage

I have sat down and started to sub out cards for the zombie deck, I got rid of all my spawning pit cards to start, and replaced them with the 'Taken over cards that include a spawn pit."

also after test playin timber peak, im going to sub out any ''fire'' related card.

If anyone give me an idea of what cards they don't use as much that would be helpful. I sort of want to have one hero and one zombie official deck, Im not wanting to put cards in and take them out every time i play a game or scenario.

Any help would be great
I personally go off what scenario I'm playing. If its a growing hunger scenario I put those into either TP or the base game since they usually have the specific scenario search items and what not plus specific items that some characters from that expansion may need to start with. After that I'd add in whatever supplements but make sure to add in both the zombie and hero from both since they're supposed to balance each other out. On top of all that you can always always add in the experience system from TP once you get it. I feel that the game is meant to play with whatever cards come in the deck, not something that should be customized so just the best cards are in one gigantic deck.

I've also read somewhere that around 60 is best size

Also I cant tell you how many times as a zombie player that an extra spawning pit has caused a lot of havoc for the heroes >=]
Yeah it's not a TCG, I don't think cherry picking the decks is going to make the gameplay any better. I have too heard about the 60 card deck and brought it up in another post, but the way FFP generates their cards you can do what most do and just lump em all together. I do play mine based on the scenario that was picked. If its a TP scenario it's generally everything in the deck, if its a base game ill use the standard deck and a couple of expansions. If you do strip things like the spawning pits out you need to make sure you take out the heros equivalent cards as well, FFP did a damn fine job balancing those decks.
I don't take any cards out of the decks. They are designed to be balanced. However it's your game and it can be customised as much as you see fit. I play with the base set and every available expansion. (except Timber Peak) at the moment. I will mix all that up in a few games time.
Thanks guys, some great feedback, I did play the TP game, and I can use the experience system in any game if it has a DOT count, i can balance the zombie side, or just use the zombie experience cards.

. My deck is looking like the leaning tower of pisa at the moment, is that still ok having a very tall bunch of cards. I do split my Hero deck into four corners, when heroes are searching specific board sections. so that always makes it look smaller, its just a huge towering zombie deck.

I do understand also that it is not a trading card game. but the probability of those cinematic and and scary cards that make the players gasp will be few and far between.

Keep this going I would love to hear some more feed back.
I think Alderdust had a thread going with a deck solution for his draw pile. I believe his are sleeved so the deck is three times the size and it was ard to manage. I do like the idea of splitting up the hero deck into the 4 corners, give a little more randomness.. I'll give that a shot sometime.
(03-24-2013 03:43 AM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]I think Alderdust had a thread going with a deck solution for his draw pile. I believe his are sleeved so the deck is three times the size and it was ard to manage. I do like the idea of splitting up the hero deck into the 4 corners, give a little more randomness.. I'll give that a shot sometime.

Thanks, I use that method to stop some heroes stay in one spot, the can eventually exhaust the board section of supplies.
(03-24-2013 06:20 AM)Spidey NZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-24-2013 03:43 AM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]I think Alderdust had a thread going with a deck solution for his draw pile. I believe his are sleeved so the deck is three times the size and it was ard to manage. I do like the idea of splitting up the hero deck into the 4 corners, give a little more randomness.. I'll give that a shot sometime.

Thanks, I use that method to stop some heroes stay in one spot, the can eventually exhaust the board section of supplies.

I too like this idea. I don't know if our group is playing with enough expansions yet to warrant this, but we're starting to get there and when we do...
I always figured the idea of so many cards was to deliberately exclude random cards from any particular game, this throwing in a proper random element. The more cards the less chance of you pulling that one card you know works well. It encourages players to work with what they've got rather than planning for that nasty card they know is coming.
Reference URL's