TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombie card play....still don't get it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
New to the site and board. Great community here.
My first thread....

Ok, so I am still confused about the event card play for the Zombie player.
Let's say I am anywhere other than the initial turn....and I have 3 event cards to start. Once I move the sun marker to start my turn can I play those three cards if possible, then draw four more to four, and then play those four if I can?
Or do I draw first before I can play any of them?

I know according to the rules I can l play some cards after drawing them, but wasn't sure if I can play any before drawing up to four.

Make sense?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Yes you can.

Basically, you can play any card at any time, unless a specific time is stated (f.ex.: Just after a zombie has been killed by a gun), or they are marked play immediatly. It is a very common tactic to use as many of your cards with the trigger 'Play at the start of the Zombie turn' before you draw new cards, so your hand doesn't get clogged.

Start of a zombie turn is untill you move your first zombie. So you move suntrack, play as many cards as you want, draw new cards, play as many cards as you want, roll for spawning zombies, play as many cards as you want and move your first zombie.

At that time we are no longer in 'the start of the zombie players turn'.

Cheerio,
SovTech
The only caveat is you draw up to for in one fell swoop. No sillyness of "Oh, I'm still not at 4, I'll draw another. Play it. Draw another..." (And, yes, if you draw multiple "play immediately" cards at once, you chose the order in which to play them. [...Which does not apply to Jake's draw-two-keep-one ability; it only counts as drawn once he's chosen which to keep.]
Ahhhh.....got it!!
Watchmen02

Thanks for the replies.
My understanding of this now will now prevent many arguments.

I have only played three times and each time I discover a rule I was following incorrectly. We are getting there.
Love this game.
^ and the infection spreads Zombie17
(03-27-2013 09:17 AM)SovTech Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can.

Basically, you can play any card at any time, unless a specific time is stated (f.ex.: Just after a zombie has been killed by a gun), or they are marked play immediatly. It is a very common tactic to use as many of your cards with the trigger 'Play at the start of the Zombie turn' before you draw new cards, so your hand doesn't get clogged.

Start of a zombie turn is untill you move your first zombie. So you move suntrack, play as many cards as you want, draw new cards, play as many cards as you want, roll for spawning zombies, play as many cards as you want and move your first zombie.

At that time we are no longer in 'the start of the zombie players turn'.

Cheerio,
SovTech

Don't forget that you can also discard 1 card i.e. not play but remove from your hand, at the start of the zombie turn. Good rule to remember if you have unusable cards e.g. "This could be..." but with a single sex group of Heroes.
(03-27-2013 01:37 PM)maxfool Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhhh.....got it!!
Watchmen02

Thanks for the replies.
My understanding of this now will now prevent many arguments.

I have only played three times and each time I discover a rule I was following incorrectly. We are getting there.
Love this game.

Oh, trust me, you will be playing this game for months and still discovering things you want to come back here to ask. LOL! That is one of the things I LOVE about this game. It is easy enough to pick up and play pretty much right away, but complicated and complex enough that you are learning new things all the time.

Glad to see we've added a new infected fiend to our little undead family. ;-)
(03-27-2013 07:15 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, trust me, you will be playing this game for months and still discovering things you want to come back here to ask. LOL! That is one of the things I LOVE about this game. It is easy enough to pick up and play pretty much right away, but complicated and complex enough that you are learning new things all the time.

Honestly, I can't stop thinking about the game. I've only played two scenarios in my four games. I am dying to play the others and throw in some complicated stuff into the mix.

(03-27-2013 04:51 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget that you can also discard 1 card i.e. not play but remove from your hand, at the start of the zombie turn. Good rule to remember if you have unusable cards e.g. "This could be..." but with a single sex group of Heroes.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I tend to hold onto cards waiting for the right moment. Especially those I have never gotten a chance to play before.
Better to discard and get once that hurts...even a little.
Insane16
(03-29-2013 03:37 AM)maxfool Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2013 07:15 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, trust me, you will be playing this game for months and still discovering things you want to come back here to ask. LOL! That is one of the things I LOVE about this game. It is easy enough to pick up and play pretty much right away, but complicated and complex enough that you are learning new things all the time.

Honestly, I can't stop thinking about the game. I've only played two scenarios in my four games. I am dying to play the others and throw in some complicated stuff into the mix.

(03-27-2013 04:51 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget that you can also discard 1 card i.e. not play but remove from your hand, at the start of the zombie turn. Good rule to remember if you have unusable cards e.g. "This could be..." but with a single sex group of Heroes.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I tend to hold onto cards waiting for the right moment. Especially those I have never gotten a chance to play before.
Better to discard and get once that hurts...even a little.
Insane16

I know just how you feel. I was introduced to the game by friends at a game night. We played it ONCE. That was all it took and I was OBSESSED. LOL! A few months later, my birthday rolled around, and this was among my gifts. I made it pretty clear it was pretty much the top of my list. :-) I have since tried to come up with any and every excuse I can to play it, even including creating a game night at my local comic shop.

Good advice from Achtung. I would also add to his advice... If you are the Zombie Player, it is good to try to use your Zombie Cards as often as possible. If you can use them, no need to hold them hoping to save them for an even better time to use them. The ZP gets new cards each turn, so it is best to take advantage of that by using them.
I think I'm understanding this now, but there's something I need to know. When the zombie player is drawing & they get a play immediately card, assuming that it isn't a draw three new zombie cards card, are hey still allow to draw up to there limit?

Also, when they draw to their limit & play a card, do they draw back up to their limit?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's