TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: My Holiday Painting Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

As I said in my other thread life (mainly work) has kept me incredibly busy for a long time. However, I now have two weeks off work and my wife is going away for 2 weeks with her sister to their brother's wedding. So I have a lot of free time with which I can paint the myriad of things I have bought and not had the time to paint them.

So I made this thread so I can put all my holiday painting in one place. I mostly like how my miniatures look when painted but once I take a picture of them they don't look as good in the picture as I think they do in real life. It shows up all the imperfections and shoddy paint work :-)

I did have a couple of things started but not finished so I finished those up first and here they are:

The first thing is the Troll King from the Hobbit game:
[Image: photo30031381630am.jpg]

[Image: photo30031381650am.jpg]

Here is my set of red zombies, which I painted in the same way as my earlier LNoE zombies:

[Image: photo30031382816am.jpg]

[Image: photo30031382318am.jpg]

[Image: photo30031382508am.jpg]

Next on my list are the Grave Weapon Zombies. I'm hoping to have all those done by Tuesday.
SAAAWWEEEETTTT!!! They look great!
Those are amazing! The Goblin King is awesome. Watchmen02
That goblin king looks really good! Keep up the good work. Look forward to sewing the rest of your stuff these next two weeks
The Zombies are pretty good. The Goblin King is on another level!
Thanks everyone. I am particularly pleased with the Goblin King and I don't think I've ever spent so long painting any other miniature. Games Workshop miniatures are hugely overpriced, particularly here in Australia, but they do make some nice miniatures.

I haven't got as much painting done as I would have liked, even on holiday things crop up but I did make a start and here's what I have to show for now:

[Image: photo3041382013am.jpg]

I tried a different colour scheme for the zombie flesh on these ones, I'm not sure I like it, but I will stick with it across the whole set of grave weapon zombies. It does at the very least provide some variety.
I like the skin tones on both types of Zombie. I've enjoyed checking out your latest work and I know how time consuming it is. The results were worth it though!

Thanks for sharing your painting project.
A well earned +1 Rep Watchmen02
Reference URL's