TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: DC Comics Deck Builder - Solo Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well hopefully someone is familiar with the game so I can get some help and ideas on this. I looked up rules for solo play and what I found doesn't seem like there is a way to loose unless you really have no clue On what to do.

So first you set everything up the way you normally do.
10 starter cards (7 punch, 3 vulnerability)
Main deck with five face up cards for the "line up"
Pile with 8 super villains
Pile of kick cards

Now the different part from normal setup is placing the weakness cards face down in a pile and turn one face up at the start of every turn to act as a round counter.

Now any card that attacks a "foe's" cards attacks the main draw pile.
Before you restock the line up cards back to five you select one card and send it to the destroyed pile.

Now the system seems to work fine but like I said there doesn't feel like there is a way to loose. My first change so far is to remove "me" from the equation of the super villain removing a line up card before the restock. I roll a D6 1-5 is the card position and 6 is a players choice. If I roll a number of a card position that has been bought I re-roll. This way my "wants" don't play a factor in that outcome.

I was thinking of putting a counter dice on the villain stack. Possibly a D3 or D4, and every turn the super villain is out the counter goes up one. This would cap at the highest number on the die, and before your draw step you would take that many cards from the draw pile and place them in your discard pile. This would take effect after the first villain is fell.

My next concern is the villains attacks. Your playing a card from your hand that attacks your foe's hand or deck. As it stands, they have it set to remove cards from the main draw pile and destroy them. This just doesn't seem like it does anything, wondering if this should knock a number off the super villain counter instead? My thought is that playing a card with an attack is supposed to help you and hinder your opponent, so attacking the main draw pile seems to be a negative for the player.

I hope someone else is 1) familiar with this game and 2) able to make it through my epic post (this ones for you StayPuft ). Watchmen02 I'd like to come up with something better than what's out there and that's un-taintable and somewhat balanced. I love to win and all but I'd like to feel like I had to work for it. Thanks in advance guys, hope I can get something going.
Reference URL's