TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hunker Down question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Heroes win by being Fully Barricaded in 2 buildings for 4 individuals turns. Does this mean they must be hunkered down at the end of the overall Hero turn or what?

I just got Survival of the Fittest and I'm hoping to play this scenario tonight. Any other advice or insight on this scenario would be good too. Thanks.
Good question. I would take it as from the start of the Hero turn to the end of it. So you would need to be inside from the end of the previous hero turn and then remain throughout the turn; not just move indoors for the switchover to the zombie turn.

On another point.
Viewing from a time perspective being hunkered down for just the switch to the zombie turn would eliminate the use of the word hunker.
Hunker is defined as to take shelter or being in a defensive position. I would think you shouldn't be able to perform any "out of shelter" actions and then suddenly get indoors for the end of the turn for it to count.

Oh...and I haven't played this scenario yet.
But I will once I know everyone here will help me get it right beforehand.
Watchmen02
It means that all 4 heroes must be in a barricaded building at the end of the overall hero turn (once they have all acted). Just a helpful reminder that got us first couple plays. Once you place a barricade it is for the entire length of the wall not just the one space so it could be 1,2,3 or even 4 spaces long. Also remember if the building has a adjacent wall to the outside of the board that side does not need to have barricades to be called fully barricaded. Hope this helps and let us know how it goes. Don't forget to make those pesky zombies roll to get inside too!

(04-02-2013 11:11 PM)maxfool Wrote: [ -> ]Good question. I would take it as from the start of the Hero turn to the end of it. So you would need to be inside from the end of the previous hero turn and then remain throughout the turn; not just move indoors for the switchover to the zombie turn.

On another point.
Viewing from a time perspective being hunkered down for just the switch to the zombie turn would eliminate the use of the word hunker.
Hunker is defined as to take shelter or being in a defensive position. I would think you shouldn't be able to perform any "out of shelter" actions and then suddenly get indoors for the end of the turn for it to count.

Oh...and I haven't played this scenario yet.
But I will once I know everyone here will help me get it right beforehand.
Watchmen02

Just remember your move action comes first so if you moved out to take some sort of "out of shelter" action you wouldn't be able to get back in. You just have to have all 4 heroes within the buildings at the end of the hero overall turn. You could still search the building or perform ranged attack from inside and still be considered hunkered. Hope this helps its a really fun scenario you should have a go at it.
(04-03-2013 12:02 AM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]Just remember your move action comes first so if you moved out to take some sort of "out of shelter" action you wouldn't be able to get back in. You just have to have all 4 heroes within the buildings at the end of the hero overall turn. You could still search the building or perform ranged attack from inside and still be considered hunkered. Hope this helps its a really fun scenario you should have a go at it.

So if at the start of a turn as the last hero to play you move your hero into a barricaded building, which already has three heroes in it (all who ended their turn in the building,) is that considered one hunkered down turn?

Or do you need to be hunkered down from beginning to end? Lets say last the entire next turn?
Thanks for the help alderdust! We did play last night. I'm enjoying the new decks that Survival of the Fittest adds. My Zombie team got crushed playing Hunker Down though. I thought it looked so good for us in the beginning, but the Heroes won with 7 turns left. It took them just over have the game to win. Ouch. What SotF scenario would you recommend playing next?
(04-03-2013 04:40 AM)maxfool Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2013 12:02 AM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]Just remember your move action comes first so if you moved out to take some sort of "out of shelter" action you wouldn't be able to get back in. You just have to have all 4 heroes within the buildings at the end of the hero overall turn. You could still search the building or perform ranged attack from inside and still be considered hunkered. Hope this helps its a really fun scenario you should have a go at it.

So if at the start of a turn as the last hero to play you move your hero into a barricaded building, which already has three heroes in it (all who ended their turn in the building,) is that considered one hunkered down turn?

Or do you need to be hunkered down from beginning to end? Lets say last the entire next turn?

Just at the end of the turn.

Blakeb I would recommend supply run next that one is always fun for my group.

Blake that's crazy you got beat so quickly you did make them hunker in both buildings for 4 turns right with no zombies inside both buildings?

Here is a quote from Jason C Hill

Quote:It requires Both buildings to be Hunkered down at the same time to get a 'victory turn'.

- Jason

Posted Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Notice the term both and not each so you have to have at least 1 hero in each building with no zombies (obviously not 2 heroes in each it can be 3 heroes in one and 1 in the other) in it at the end of the hero turn to count as hunkered down
alderdust...thanks for explaining.
I may have to try this one next.
(04-03-2013 09:23 PM)maxfool Wrote: [ -> ]alderdust...thanks for explaining.
I may have to try this one next.

No problem let us know how it goes this scenario is much harder for the heroes than it seems.
(04-03-2013 08:48 PM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]Blakeb I would recommend supply run next that one is always fun for my group.

Blake that's crazy you got beat so quickly you did make them hunker in both buildings for 4 turns right with no zombies inside both buildings?

Yes, both buildings were Fully Barricaded, 1 hero in each, no zombies. They actually ended up with 2 heroes in both buildings. One hero started in the Gym and that was one of the barricaded buildings. Two heroes started in the center and ran to the Church and held up there with a Pump Shotgun and Lizzy's Shotgun. Our zombies with grave weapons did pretty much nothing. One exploded giving some wounds to the Heroes. The 2 Heroes in the Gym had 2 wounds each. Someone gets a Recovery, takes a wound off one of them. Then someone gets a card to take something out of the discard pile, Recovery to the other Hero. Oh well. Maybe next time we'll add some dots, so we can use a Zombie Horde.

[Image: WaUkeOq.jpg]

Here is a pic my friend took.
Are those custom heros??? Someone looks angry... There needs to be some chips and dip too.. I dig it when people post game photos. I enjoy seeing how others set up their tables..
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's