TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Shotgun- when to use ammo card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So if you miss with shotgun- do you use ammo card to reroll your missed shot? or to reroll your roll to see if you keep your gun? or do you use it for both? -when able
The ammo replaces the discard. Ie, if you would discard the gun, you discard the ammo instead.
(04-08-2013 05:41 PM)crichton Wrote: [ -> ]So if you miss with shotgun- do you use ammo card to reroll your missed shot? or to reroll your roll to see if you keep your gun? or do you use it for both? -when able

If you miss, you miss, end of story.
The Ammo card can only be used to prevent the gun from being discarded.

e.g.
A Hero fires his Pump Shotgun at 2 Zombies in the same square.
The Hero needs a 3+ to Hit any Zombie.
The Hero rolls 2 dice (1 for each Zombie)
The results of the 2 dice are a 1 and a 2 (missing both Zombies.)
The Hero must now make an Ammo roll for the Gun with a single die.
The Hero rolls a 1.
The Gun is discarded.
However the Hero has an Ammo card preventing the discard.
The Ammo card is now discarded but the Hero got to keep their Pump Shotgun.

I know I broke this down a lot but I hope this helpsWatchmen02
Couldn't have put it any better myself, gentlemen. They are correct. The ammo cards are just to avoid losing a gun, not to give you a chance to shoot again.
In context, it sounds like they're not actually asking about the Ammo card but rather the Extra Ammo card from Timber Peak.
That being the case, when you fire the Shotgun, you could use the card once to re-roll the to hit roll and then again to re-roll for the ammo test, but these would be two separate uses.
Yes I'm referring to the ammo card from Timber Peak- sorry about the confusion

Zombie17
(04-09-2013 01:01 AM)Twilight_Sonata Wrote: [ -> ]In context, it sounds like they're not actually asking about the Ammo card but rather the Extra Ammo card from Timber Peak.
That being the case, when you fire the Shotgun, you could use the card once to re-roll the to hit roll and then again to re-roll for the ammo test, but these would be two separate uses.

I may be wrong, but I believe the "Extra Ammo" cards are just treated the same way as the regular Ammo cards that came before Timber Peak. So I believe they are still only used to avoid losing a gun, not for a chance to shoot again if you missed. But, I could be wrong. Somebody please fill us in for sure if you know.
The correct way is to play the ammo card or token to prevent discarding the gun not to reroll the check to see if its out of ammo mgstout and samureitrev had it right
Totally seperate entities.

Ammo card
Cancels a discard

Extra Ammo card (from Timber Peak)
Re-roll to hit roll
or
Re-roll discard test

(04-09-2013 01:01 AM)Twilight_Sonata Wrote: [ -> ]In context, it sounds like they're not actually asking about the Ammo card but rather the Extra Ammo card from Timber Peak.

Correct
(04-10-2013 09:59 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]I may be wrong, but I believe the "Extra Ammo" cards are just treated the same way as the regular Ammo cards that came before Timber Peak.
Nope, they work totally differently. Here is the text of the Extra Ammo card:
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....Extra_Ammo

(04-11-2013 02:12 AM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]The correct way is to play the ammo card or token to prevent discarding the gun not to reroll the check to see if its out of ammo
The Ammo Markers used for the Extra Ammo card do not function the same as the Ammo card or the Ammo Markers used for the Ammo Belt card, described here:
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....:Ammo_Belt
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's