TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Stock Up Question - Drop off supplies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My best friend and I played a game of Last Night On Earth again when I visited this weekend. We played Stock Up. We had a question come up. This is another one of those questions where I am pretty sure I know the answer already, but I like to ask anyway so I know for 100% certain.

In Stock Up, the heroes' goal is to collect 4 weapons (of any kind) and one first aid kit, and have them in the building you rolled as your "Stock-pile" building at the beginning of the game.

However, what isn't mentioned as far as I can tell is....

Can you "drop off" the items in the building? In other words, say a hero collects two weapons. Can they then travel to the Stock Pile room and essentially drop the weapons off, leaving them in the room, and then travel off to find more items?

Now, this would obviously mean they would no longer be carrying the weapons, meaning the weapons could no longer be used unless they went back and picked them up again.

I am pretty sure you CANNOT do this, since that is not part of the standard rules, and they usually specify special things like this in the scenario if something like that were the case.

It could also change the balance of the game one way or the other. Because, if you CAN drop the items off, then that would mean you could have the heroes drop off the items as they find them, and one of the heroes dying wouldn't necessarily be as big of a deal. I mean, if they had to still carry the items, then losing a hero is especially bad because they lose the items you were counting on to win the game.

So, is my assumption correct, or are you actually permitted to drop the items off in the stock-pile building?
Hey StayPuft I would say you cannot drop the items off only because part of the risk of the scenario is when you are in a fight you would have to choose whether to take a risk and use the weapon in a fight where you might lose it or just to hand on to it.

Also since you cannot drop other items during a standard game.
(04-09-2013 12:36 AM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]Hey StayPuft I would say you cannot drop the items off only because part of the risk of the scenario is when you are in a fight you would have to choose whether to take a risk and use the weapon in a fight where you might lose it or just to hand on to it.

Also since you cannot drop other items during a standard game.

That is my assumption, but I wanted to see if anybody knew for sure. However, you could also argue there is an equal risk if you are allowed to drop them off in the building. Because then you may go about trying to find more weapons and wind up in a fight with a zombie without having any weapons to protect yourself... whereas you would have had something had you not dropped them off in the stock pile room.

Again, I assume you are not allowed to drop them off, though, because the scenario did not specify otherwise. Typically you cannot do this because there would normally be no reason. So there are no standard rules for doing such a thing. So, given that they made no mention of such a thing in the scenario rules, I figured you probably cannot. But, I thought I would see if anybody ever confirmed for sure on that one.
Well it also helps prevent one person from getting all the weapons since you can only carry 2 almost or one double handed so it forces the heroes to stay close incase they need to exchange items around
(04-10-2013 10:22 PM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]Well it also helps prevent one person from getting all the weapons since you can only carry 2 almost or one double handed so it forces the heroes to stay close incase they need to exchange items around

Indeed. And, again, if you WERE able to drop them off, this would also get your around that restriction. Granted, a hero can still only carry two weapons at once (or one double-handed), but they could then drop them off and go looking for two more.

Since we are the only two discussing this, I am guessing nobody else ever clarified for sure. ;-) But, I am thinking my initial assumption was probably correct, as was yours.
(04-08-2013 09:28 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Can you "drop off" the items in the building? In other words, say a hero collects two weapons. Can they then travel to the Stock Pile room and essentially drop the weapons off, leaving them in the room, and then travel off to find more items?

Hi staypuft,

No you can't drop off the Items. I underlined the all important verb. On the sheet that comes with the expansion at the bottom under Scenario Notes it states:

'To win the Stock Up! Scenario, the Heroes must have 4 Weapon Items (any mix of Hand Weapons and Ranged Weapons) and a First Aid Kit in the Stockpile building all at the same time. As this is 5 Items (4 of which are Weapons) it will require at least two Heroes inside the building to carry them all.'

Hope this helps
On the bottom of the Stock Up! Game Supplement rulesheet that comes with the supplement, it states in the Scenario Notes:

"To win the Stock Up! Scenario, the Heroes must have 4 Weapon Items (any mix of Hand Weapons and Ranged Weapons) and a First Aid Kit in the Stockpile building all at the same time. As this is 5 Items (4 of which are Weapons) it will require at least two Heroes inside the building to carry them all. If they succeed in doing this, the Heroes win immediately."

The only thing I could find close to an applicable rule to this discussion is the Items section on page 12 of the LNOE rulebook which basically says that if a player has more items than their carrying limit that they must DISCARD down to their limit or if another hero is in their space they may exchange items before discarding.

In the games that I have played the only time an item has been left on the board in a square is when a hero has a scenario item that is a counter (for example a Supply Counter for the scenario Supply Run from the SotF Expansion) and they are killed they drop that item in the square that they died in.

Therefore I would say you are not allowed to drop off items in the Stockpile building and look for other items as according to the first paragraph of my post it is expected that you have at least 2 heroes carrying the 5 items needed to win in the Stockpile room.

-Bloated One

(04-11-2013 09:32 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2013 09:28 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Can you "drop off" the items in the building? In other words, say a hero collects two weapons. Can they then travel to the Stock Pile room and essentially drop the weapons off, leaving them in the room, and then travel off to find more items?

Hi staypuft,

No you can't drop off the Items. I underlined the all important verb. On the sheet that comes with the expansion at the bottom under Scenario Notes it states:

'To win the Stock Up! Scenario, the Heroes must have 4 Weapon Items (any mix of Hand Weapons and Ranged Weapons) and a First Aid Kit in the Stockpile building all at the same time. As this is 5 Items (4 of which are Weapons) it will require at least two Heroes inside the building to carry them all.'

Hope this helps

And it seems I take too long to research and type my answer before I re-post what others summarize much faster than I.

-Bloated One
+1 Rep Bloated One it's good of you to help too!Watchmen02
Wow! Thanks, Bloated One. Still a relative newbie to the boards, and you are jumping right in there and helping out! +1 Rep for you from me as well. ;-)

Thanks to Bloated One and Samurai for clarifying. Forgot about the rules sheet. So, looks like that solves that, then. ;-)

That is what I would have thought, but I like to clarify things so I know for 100% sure.
(04-12-2013 07:23 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! Thanks, Bloated One. Still a relative newbie to the boards, and you are jumping right in there and helping out! +1 Rep for you from me as well. ;-)

Thanks to Bloated One and Samurai for clarifying. Forgot about the rules sheet. So, looks like that solves that, then. ;-)

That is what I would have thought, but I like to clarify things so I know for 100% sure.

No problem Stay and thank you for the kind words/rep.

I am a long time lurker/newbie poster to the board, but am somewhat of an Old Bloated One (sounds like an Arkham Horror/Cthulhu reference) to some things Flying Frog related.

I love seeing the enthusiasm and love for Last Night on Earth as well as many other things game and entertainment related here and it is my pleasure for any help, insight, or contributions I can make here to such a great group of people.

Spreading the love one bite at a time!

*apologies for hijaking the thread and taking it on a tangent*
Reference URL's