TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Fence Post question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, I know I have a lot of questions, but my group likes to argue things.

Fence Post: At the end of the Hero's move, they may make a free Combat attack using the Fence Post against each Zombie in one adjacent space. If a Zombie wins, no wound is caused to the Hero.

So is this considered a fight or what's the deal? I ask specifically because last night a Hero with a Fence Post took their free attack on a Zombie with Barbed Wire.

Barbed Wire: The Zombie is tangled in barbed wire. If a Hero rolls a 1 on any of their Fight Dice while in a Fight with the Zombie, that Hero instantly loses the fight.

The Zombie rolled a 4, and the Hero rolled a 6, 1, 1. If the Zombie can use Barbed Wire then the Hero lost the fight. If not, the Zombie dies. So does anyone have a ruling on this? Thanks.
This is an excerpt from the rules section with Jason Hill that SamuraiTrev compiled (Thanks Trev), I hope this helps. From what I read and understand ( and my interpretation has been wrong many times before) I thinks since the zombie is out of range to attack you regardless of the 1's you would take no damage and you beat him straight up with the 6 so I would say you have him. The rolls are almost like a range attack in my mind your just rolling to see if you hit be ause you have a reach weapon.

Fence Post
'Adjacent' is meant to include diagonals and is NOT blocked by walls. Think of it as stabbing the Fence Post through a window or door to skewer a Zombie on the other side.
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/2212800#2212800

That is correct. The Fence Post is a Double-Handed weapon which means that it counts as 2 weapons (you are only allowed to carry 2 weapons at a time). Because of this, you could not carry the Fence Post and the Revolver at the same time.
As for what the Fence Post does -
The Fence Post has a 'Combat Bonus:' that lets you roll an extra Fight Dice. It also allows you to Fight every Zombie in one adjacent space at the end of your move. If the Zombie wins, nothing happens. If you win and get doubles, the Zombie dies as normal. These Fights with Zombies in an adjacent space are in addition (and occur before) any normal Fights in your own space. Of course, you get to use the extra Fight Dice Combat Bonus in all of these Fights (in your own space and adjacent).
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/2216166#2216166
In short the Zombie won the Fight because the Hero rolled a 1.
No wounds are caused to the Hero.
It's still classed as a Fight and the Fight actually takes place in the Zombies space (even though the Hero is adjacent).
See... I was wrong... Watchmen02
My suggestion: if you remove any cards from the game not to play with, make it be fence post.
I have a simply question. Does the hero get the extra fight at the end of movement, the hero’s turn or the heroes’ turn?
I have never thought too hard about it. We always use movement but I thought I would ask.
(04-11-2013 10:51 PM)fitzgrimm Wrote: [ -> ]I have a simply question. Does the hero get the extra fight at the end of movement, the hero’s turn or the heroes’ turn?
I have never thought too hard about it. We always use movement but I thought I would ask.

At the end of the Hero's (hero with Fence Post) move, they may make a free Combat attack using the Fence Post against each Zombie in one adjacent space (more or less like a ranged attack). Then you fight any zombies in your space during that hero's fight phase and still get to add the +1 Die from the Fence Post to your fight dice roll (if you choose to use it). Only difference is that zombies in your space hit you if they win their fight dice roll.

So yes you are correct in using it after the hero with the Fence Post moves.

*edited due to incorrectness while typing too fast and not paying FULL attention...as zombies are prone to do.*
-Bloated One
(04-11-2013 02:47 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion: if you remove any cards from the game not to play with, make it be fence post.

Nooo! Dont take the fence post out... normally play heroes and love the fence post, great when combined with a tough guy like Sam.
No, but really all joking aside I agree, if its causing problems and upsetting the flow/pleasure of the game take it out....you don't even need to tell the other guys...lol
Thanks Bloated One
(04-11-2013 02:47 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion: if you remove any cards from the game not to play with, make it be fence post.

Agree 100%
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's