TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: spiritusXmachina's basics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I doubt I'm adding anything new but still here are my basic zombies and heroes.
Great work. Thanks for sharing. I like the fact the Zombies look recently turned. As if the Zombie epidemic has recently begun. I think you did a great job with the Heroes too. Especially the shading on Sally's skirt. Have you been painting long?

a well earned +1 Rep that's a lot of work right there.
I tried a subtle approach concerning the zombie skin. Not too much green just a little bit highlighting with very light green.

I guess I am painting for 20 years now (I am feeling old now as I read myself- but for a zombie I'm still in a good shapeZombie02). Began with roleplaying paint jobs and developed into a tabletop regular painter. Painting "soft plastic models" was something new though. At first I feared the paint would peel off (remembering my first airfix soldier paintings as a kid) but the new paints seem to do a better job. No problems until now.
Everyone has their own takes on the painting. I find yours top-notch.
they look great. you do a gloss clear coat? I really like the shading/highlightin on Father Joseph, ive been dreading him due to the all black outfit. Your zombies run along the same path mine took I think and your Heroes look incredible.
Thank you.
I used a matt varnish but it turned out to be quite glossy especially with the flash of the camera.

Yes, black and white are both a bit tricky.
Black: I just began with black then mixed a few drops of white into it and went over again. A few more drops white with the next go and so on. About 3 times.
White: I use a fair brown, the second coat is some bone color and white is used for highlighting.
Fantastic job! I especially like the skin tones you used on the heroes and Zs. It looks very natural.
Reference URL's