TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Maintaining a blog - need feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

As a hobby, I'm maintaining a personal blog about my gaming experienceshere. I'm not looking to do it professionally as I don't have much time for it (and would much rather spend my free time playing games, of course Zombie17 ) but still, I'd like for it to be a good blog whenever I have the chance to write. What do you guys think? I know some of the posts are rushed, and I'm still trying to find my identity, right now I don't think my blog has a personality.

Any feedback is appreciated, I'd like to improve on how I am as a blogger.

Thanks!
I think blog setup is a personal preference for most authors, so please take what I say with a grain of salt. It should really reflect who you are.

Positives: I thought it was very clean and well aligned. I like the simple white background and wrappers as they really draw your attention to the content. The contrast is there to bring your eyes inward. The articles were concise and graphics were crisp, which is what I would think readers want.

Negatives: I know cloud tagging is out of date, but I was looking for some type of tagging widget so I could just look at say just "board games" or "video games". Monthly references do not help readers so i would skip those.

Also Your blog was called gaming geek but the first few posts are movie ports from comic books. I think this would deter anyone looking for purely gaming information. Maybe rename the blog to 'LabRat's Laboratory' with a subtitle of "A concoction of Comics, Movies, and Gaming" would better suit the blog and allow those readers to stumble upon it a better idea of the subject matter.

Just my two cents. Otherwise, very good work. Keep it up!

W.J.
I bookmarked it and I havent got a chance to check it on my mobile device does it work well on those?
looks great on ipad2
Thanks for the feedback, W.J. Some comments:

(04-12-2013 01:31 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Negatives: I know cloud tagging is out of date, but I was looking for some type of tagging widget so I could just look at say just "board games" or "video games". Monthly references do not help readers so i would skip those.

I agree 100%. I'm actually struggling with Wordpress themes and formatting, I've been trying to put some sort of quick links to specific tags for that reason. So far, the easy method is resulting in the width of the main content to be reduced significantly. But yes, I'll look into this again.

Quote:Also Your blog was called gaming geek but the first few posts are movie ports from comic books. I think this would deter anyone looking for purely gaming information. Maybe rename the blog to 'LabRat's Laboratory' with a subtitle of "A concoction of Comics, Movies, and Gaming" would better suit the blog and allow those readers to stumble upon it a better idea of the subject matter.

I've been thinking about that too. This blog was originally named "The Comic Geek" because when I started, my interest was in comic books, and it changed to board games and video games, and now I'm even thinking about adding some posts about another subject. LabRat's laboratory sounds good!
Reference URL's