TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Learn to Survive, first time playing..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this was the first time I was playing this scenario. I was trying to get used to some of the TP elements like experience system and fires. So I get everything set up, heroes were Ed, Nikki, Sally, and Jake (not to shabby) everyone except Ed had their starting location on the board. Now Nikki, Sally, and Jake are all clumped on one corner of the board on the road out of town and the tavern, Ed was alone in the center of town.

This is where it gets interesting. I get 7 zombies for my starting zombies. Draw my four cards and I get last night on earth, endless rage, my god they've taken the, and oh the horror... This is one epic of a starting hand. I played oh the horror and got my three new cards, undead hate the living,tide of the dead, and zombie surge. To make a long story short I got all 14 zeds on the board first turn all but 4 could move 2 spaces towards the heroes and jake and Sally got caught up doing some naughty naughty in front of some zombies. I got about half way through the game before I had to shut it down,but it was a hard one for the heroes that night. The way it was going it looked like the zombies were going to win. Fires were going crazy, it was a wild night!!

So is there a better hand to start with? That just seemed like an instant hoser.
(04-18-2013 08:12 AM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]So is there a better hand to start with?
Funny you should ask. Two of my friends and I decided to give the new Radio for Help scenario a try, and the Zombie player got two Shambles and two Vicious Attacks in her opening hand. The Generator was gone before Heroes even got their first turn. Thinking back, the only solution would have been to have two heroes start (and stay for the rest of the game!) on opposite sides of the Generator in the Radio Station. We decided to keep playing anyway and pretend that never happened because it was B.S., but Zombies still won anyway because we had the worst possible luck finding the tools and parts.
That does sound like quite a punishing opening hand. I bet it was a great game (for the zombies!).
Reference URL's