TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Dropping an item/weapon...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is probably basic and I read the section on items in Trev's revised rule thread. So I'm going to set this up a bit, and its kind of a few questions wrapped up together.

So I'm playing stock up and I have Victor with a sledge hammer, and Jenny with a crate of dynamite. Now since the crate o dynomite is double handed can Jenny pick up two weapons? Is it a double handed item? If she searches, and gets keys what happens? If she searches and gets a bat, what happens? I'm assuming even though its labeled as an item, it's still a ranged weapon and then fills up two weapon slots. If I get a weapon on a search that I feel is better can I drop the crate to use the new weapon?

Now with Victor I have the same question regarding swapping to a better item. If I get a meat cleaver and a crowbar, I think my character would like those better since they benifit his attributes more. Another question about the sledge hammer (I think that's the weapon), now my understandins is I only roll one fight dice, based on the card rule. Does that super cede his rage ability? Also if I roll a 3 let's say, that's my fight dice roll, and since it didn't activate the weapons instakill ability the zombie then rolls against the three, or do I reroll the dice for the showdown against the zed?

Now throughout the game I kept Jenny holding the crate and just running around collecting supply tokens since she was pretty useless in combat without a lighter or any fire item. Victor I left with the hammer and just prayed it critted every fight, if it didn't I just rolled the zombies dice against what I originally rolled.
(04-19-2013 09:04 AM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]Now since the crate o dynomite is double handed can Jenny pick up two weapons?
Yes. Although they can be used offensively, they are (intentionally) not labeled as weapons and thus do not count as such.

Quote:Is it a double handed item?
Yup, sure is.

Quote:If she searches, and gets keys what happens?
She now has a Crate of Dynamite and Keys. That's only a total of three items carried, so no problem.

Quote:If she searches and gets a bat, what happens?
She now has a Crate of Dynamite and a Baseball Bat. That's only a total of three items carried (with only one being a weapon), so no problem.

Quote:I'm assuming even though its labeled as an item, it's still a ranged weapon and then fills up two weapon slots.
Nope. If it doesn't say it counts as a weapon, then it doesn't count as a weapon.

Quote:If I get a weapon on a search that I feel is better can I drop the crate to use the new weapon?
No need. You can have them both. Watchmen02

Quote:Now with Victor I have the same question regarding swapping to a better item.
If he has the Sledge Hammer? Same answers as above, but taking into account that the Sledge Hammer is explicitly a weapon.

Quote:Another question about the sledge hammer (I think that's the weapon), now my understandins is I only roll one fight dice, based on the card rule. Does that super cede his rage ability?
Yes. He does not get to add any bonus for his Rage ability. The card clearly states:
"The Hero may only roll a single Fight Dice (additional Fight Dice may NOT be added)."

Quote:Also if I roll a 3 let's say, that's my fight dice roll, and since it didn't activate the weapons instakill ability the zombie then rolls against the three, or do I reroll the dice for the showdown against the zed?
The Zombie rolls against the 3 and only the 3. You do not get to un-decide to use the Combat Bonus after the dice have been rolled. Regardless of the success or failure of the use of the Combat Bonus, it was still used, and it's rules must still be followed, so no more Fight Dice for you.
You have four item slots. Two of which CAN be weapons (but can still be items). A double-handed item/weapon takes up two slots of its type. When you have an excess of items after your trade phase, you must discard down. (Notice: if you're in the same space as another hero not yet at the limit, you can trade away the extra to him/her before you have to discard. ALSO notice that if you have/get a consumable item (like a medkit), you can happily use it and still keep your other items.
Correct if you have a double handed weapon that takes up both weapon slots so you could not have a baseball bat too one would have to be discarded or immediately exchanged to a nearby hero.
Ok, victor had a starting zombie card that didn't allow him to trade, and also got stuck with the loner card. Just a whole lot of leave me alone coming from victor. So if his inventory is full up and he gets another weapon I can discard the hammer for the other weapon? I think I played everything right except Jenny, she spent the entire game running around with a bat she didn't use cause she thought her hands were full.

Oh and a moment of silence for our newly crowned prom queen Amanda. While searching for supplies in the church she was surprised by a roaming pack of zombies and spilled her can of gas. Upon leaving the church she tried to stop the encroaching horde by throwing her lighter into the spilled gasoline. She was unable to move away from the doorway in time and was engulfed in flame herself. She killed the zombies and managed to set fire to at least 8 squares of the town.. We will also be asking for donations to rebuild our church father Joseph is going to catch pneumonia sleeping in the graveyard.
just remember you are allowed 4 Items cards 2 of which can be weapons and the double handed fills both slots. You are however allowed as many event cards or zombie cards played on you. Short answer: Yes you can drop a weapon to carry the newly acquired one or you can exchange items with a hero in the same space. Just remember before the turn for the hero ends they must discard down if they dont have room for the items and cant use them up.
Well loner made it impossible to get another hero in the same space to trade with. The I don't trust him card made it so he couldn't trade at all with other heroes. He had the sledge hammer , rusted keys and a stick of dynamite. He had no way to get rid of anything, he needed a fire item to throw the dynamite, and I needed to bail on the hammer but didn't think he could discard it hen he got a new weapon.

He did get rid of the rusty keys to get rid of the I don't trust him card,but his next search was the meat cleaver...
Yeah anything you cant use or trade away goes to the discard pile.
Reference URL's