TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hey There
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Just registered myself. About four years ago now my friend bought Last Night on Earth and convinced a bunch of us to play it. We all very much loved it. I'm easily obsessed with things, so when we were all wondering what to do one night while hanging out at my friend's work in a gas station, I decided we should start taking pictures for use in the backgrounds of new cards I would make. We used local things around the place to make scenes. Soon I was buying nice printing paper and doing some photo shop work to make a whole bunch of new cards...which then needed new characters. We decided to go with video game characters as we figured those were less lame than using ourselves and they often already had "inherent abilities" or weapons. We mostly used Super Smash Bros. Characters and we actually went out and bought clay and made them ourselves, complete with painting - I ended up roping about 6 friends into the process, even if some of them didn't actually play the game, just for the fun of doing some art. In the end, we ended up with over 15 clay made characters with a couple other bought plastic figurines, including Sonic, Mario, Bowser, Ice Climbers, Ness, Captain Falcon, Etc.

However, when we moved to college many of us split up, and we eventually actually lost the physical game as well as the growing hunger expansion. We theorize it was in the trunk of my friend's car when it finally drove its last mile before being taken to the dump.

Just last week a new Hobbytown opened and me and the girlfriend went to check it out as they had some raffles going on. I immediately spotted last night on earth, picked it up, and chose to buy it. Sadly they had none of the expansions in stock...I'll get them soon enough. My friend visited from out of town this last weekend and we played four times, all a bunch of fun. I then played against my girlfriend quite a few times yesterday as she's becoming as obsessed with it as I am...

I'm now remembering that I at least have all the figurines in a shoebox back at the parent's house in a closet and am going to get them to bring them down next time they visit, but I believe all the cards were stored in the original boxes sadly...I'm getting the itch to make them again...we'll see. I've already dropped the hint a couple times that I want an expansion for my birthday coming up...

Anyway, long intro over. Hi, I'm Steve Watchmen02
Welcome to the boards! That sounds really awesome that you actually made the Nintendo characters. Especially that you even made miniatures for them! I know I would love to see some pics. Hope we see you around a lot more.
I bet it's like being reunited with an old (rotting) friend!
Welcome!

Long posts are fine.. A few of us tend to ramble, get side tracked, then ramble some more..

The boards population seems to be growing a lot lately... I love it!
Welcome aboard TastyPastry.
Awesome history on how you are getting back to it.
I am still a rookie, but this is the place to learn from the pros.
Thanks everyone !

It's killing me right now...I have the game set up and me and the lady are half-way through a game (I'm losing as the humans in a classic Die Zombies Die - lost one of my people already who turned into a zombie hero with only 4 kills 7 turns in and no real great cards...) but she's been sick for the last four days and sleeping all the time as a result...*stares longingly at board*...
Welcome to TZG....hope the GF recovers soon.

OD
Reference URL's