TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Something Rotting in Sunnygrove.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ehm......Im not really sure if this is the place, but im gonna give it a go anyway.

This is going to be story set in the town of Sunnygrove. I have made a few of the characters, but the rest of the story will be up to you guys to populate and flesh out.

Here are the rules. Im gonna write a part of a chapter based on the characters i get presented in PMs. if you have an idea, a plot device or just a character youd like to introduce, PM me with the pitch, and if i think itll fit into the storyline, Ill flesh out your idea, and put it in the story.

I hope you all will help me to tell the story of the fall of Sunnygrove.

Shambling greetings
Jabbadoor

Chapter 1

Tombstones

“It’s incredible”
Sheriff Anderson was walking over the cemetery. Once again, hoodlums had knocked over tombstones, making a nice mess of the peaceful site. “Why can’t they just go shoot trees in the woods, as all the normal people do”.
Sunnygrove was a small town, and when something like this happened, one could always count on it being someone you knew.
His deputy Darren was struggling with a particularly large stone, and didn’t have the breath to answer.

“I swear, if I find these guys, I’m going to give them a good slapping” Anderson sighed.
Darren knew that to be a fact. The hands on the sheriff were always triggerhappy, and the size of the man meant that he really could give out a punch. And not all of them ended up in the report.
Fact was that the suspects in Sunnygrove really were an unlucky lot.
Not only did they get caught, but they also had an uncanny knack of falling down the stairs or banging their heads on doorframes as the arrest was made.
On the plus side, the arrests were few, and suspects tended to disappear, right after they were released from custody. Crime rates really HAD gone down after Anderson got the job.

Panting and sweating, Darren walked up to him: “Well……(pant)……the stone is in place aga….(heave)….in…..(brrr)…….Sir…” He dried his face with the leave of his jacket. “Who do you reckon it is this time?”.
“Don’t know” Anderson said with a shrug. “Possibly just some of the kids having a bit of fun” He made an exasperated gesture. “I’ll ask Billy. Perhaps he can enlighten us”.

Billy.
Sheriff Anderson favorite whipping boy. When something in the city went wrong, Billy was always the one he’d go to. And blame. And beat.
Darren couldn’t understand why the Sheriff had it so much in for the boy. To his knowledge, Billy had never been involved in anything, but he still bore the brunt of Sheriff Anderson’s wrath.
Billy was one tough kid.
Darren had to give him that. Had it been him, he would have taken off a long time ago, and left this hellhole. But Billy had weathered it out. Ever since his mom died, he had been secluded and withdrawn.

Of course, being the sheriff’s son wasn’t making the running away part any easier.
As he rolled his Mustang into the gas station, Dave looked in the rearview mirror, adjusting his hair, making it look like he just got out of bed. His tan biceps rippeling under the thin fabrik of his designer t-shirt, sixpack visible underneath and tight jeans, made him look offplace in Sunnygrove. He didnt mind. What was wrong with taking good care of ones body?. He was the best looking guy here, and he didnt mind showing it off. His girlfriend, Tessa, was the preties girl in school, and he was almost certain that he would get the scholarship to one of the good schools. Nothing could ruin this alphadogs day.
Out of the corner of his eye, he spottet Billy. "That little pissant." Not only did he humiliate Dave at every chance he got in class, he also had the nerve not to make a sound, when Dave beat him up as punishment. Plus, he was fairly sure that Billy was head over heels for Tessa. Why else would he help her with her homework. Temper rising, he brushed it off, got out of the car, and headed into the shop,. He really could use a brew now, and Sally never asked for ID.

Billy saw Dave giving him the eye, and paused at the window to the computerstore. He looked at the reflection of the green mustang, and waited. He saw dave go out of the car, and into the store. "That giant asshole" Billy thought, while opening a can of Pepsi. He strolled on, sippin the softdrink. " if that man had half a brain, he'd probably raise his IQ". Last week, he had even passed on a question, and told Mr. Lewis, their english teacher, that Dave knew that answer, but the big oaf had taken it as a provocation, and kicked Billys ass again. Really, how could you NOT know who wrote "romeo and Juliet" after a full year of shakespeare with Mr Lewis, AND it being the shakespeare companys annual play. A play Dave had said was "actually kinda Cool. They really died a lot". Well no matter. Billy had often thought about actually crying out when Dave hit him, Just to give Dave that satisfaction and maybe let him ease up a little on him, but it was habit by now, not to make a sound when being beaten.
He could only think of one person he'd less want to see. And sure enough. Just as he had finished that thought, he came rolling up the curb and stepped out.
"Great" Billy thought. "What did i do now".
Reference URL's