TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: skolo and his minis..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: pic1698323_lg.jpg]
You're a painting machine! Great Work SkoloZombie17
:edit:
I respect anyone who can keep putting those painted figures onto the gaming table at that pace!

+1 Rep
i know ;-)
and thanks
Skolo

You interested in doing a tutorial of say a zombicide fatty. Maybe even just a list of the paints and primers.

I am finally going to start painting some of my minis and I figured I would start with some plastic zombies.
sure, no problem, its easy.

first things first. prime your minis. NOOOOOT.
well. I thought - do I need to prime all my minis with black spray, 80 miniatures, boooring, time consuming, expensive Watchmen02
I used my paints straight on the plastic.

I`m the Army Painter user so you can find nice colors over there

- Necrotic Flesh, for the skin
- Matt Black and White (you always need those)
- Red for the blood (if you need/want. My zombies are before the lunch)
- variety of colors for clothes - pick what you want.

I used "office" colors for normal Walkers - blue jeans, leather shoes, white tshirts etc.
I used glowing orange and yellow for Fatties (cause of their outfit = handyman/construction site) + white/else color for tshirts.
I used red/black/white for ladies walkers pants and stockings. Different set for shirts/shoes.
I used sporty colors for the Runners - grey blouses, and something that is special for them = all my runners have WHITE sneakers

Now, when all was dry I have used AK Interactive brown shade. It was the first time to use on minis (I have used it on my tanks earlier)
I think it looks ok - dirty kind of. I usually dip my minis in Army Painter can, or apply with a brush. Not this time.

I have used german grey (from tamiya) for the bases of zombies.

If you have any questions - I`m glad if I can be of help
Time to share some photos of my painting process. Everyone has his own, that is for sure, but as I do not have much time and I`m not a professional painter I need use some tricks (with inks dipping etc.

I usually start with the undercoat, primer. I have a photo of a miniature in front of my eyes (like Descent art or similar) and try to match as closely as possible base color of a miniature.

Example below shows my work in progress. In this case major color of the Drake is green so I prime it green.

[Image: pic1759296_lg.jpg]

[Image: pic1759297_lg.jpg]

From the other hand I also use black and skeleton bone (not white) for monsters and heroes as well

[Image: pic1759299_lg.jpg]

For High Mage Quellen I have already applied flesh skin tone.

After the base color I paint rest of the basic colors, not adding any fireworks - red, necro flesh, white, brown, metal etc.

You can see here that those monsters had blue as a base (check out the monster cards) and I have added red, white, bronze as details.

[Image: pic1759300_lg.jpg]
[Image: pic1759301_lg.jpg]
[Image: pic1759302_lg.jpg]

[Image: pic1759303_lg.jpg]

Those above were also shaded using Army Painter strong shade or AK Interactive streaking grime giving them little bit of complexity.

next post with details and basing - finishing the model
Great work! What game are the figures from? I like the colour scheme on the monsters!
Descent 1st and 2nd edition. its WIP. Still need to finish them
[Image: pic1763981_md.jpg]

[Image: pic1763977_md.jpg]

[Image: pic1763982_md.jpg]

results of the painting (from previous post)
Cool bases. The sea monster rocks! What did you use for thr bases, for the wave effect?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's