TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Cliffhanger at a collapsed temple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I was playing with some friends last night and one brought up a good point.

He was adventuring at a temple and fell into quicksand, he failed the test and had to flip to the cliffhanger, he rolled for the temple collapse and, well, it collapsed; but, he managed to escape the temple.

So asked if he had to still complete the cliffhanger, if he managed to escape the collapsed temple then how on earth could he still be stuck in quicksand (or be driving off cliff or fighting crimson hand goons or whatever) we read through the temple section of the rulebook and didn't find anything about discarding the cliffhanger, so we made it a house rule that if the temple collapses discard your cliffhanger, since you'd either escape or be OK'd anyhow.
I agree with your logic and reasoning. If you escape the temple, wouldn't you assume you escape the cliffhanger as well? We have played this two ways however:

1. Like you said, Discard the cliffhanger

or

2. At the point of collapse, play your cliff hanger out first, then play out the escape. (Kind of link Indiana being chased by the stone while the temple was collapsing).
Interesting. This hadn't come up for me yet. The rules don't answer it in either direction. I'd discard the cliffhanger (not trying it) and handle collapse immediately.
(05-10-2013 05:53 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with your logic and reasoning. If you escape the temple, wouldn't you assume you escape the cliffhanger as well? We have played this two ways however:

1. Like you said, Discard the cliffhanger

or

2. At the point of collapse, play your cliff hanger out first, then play out the escape. (Kind of link Indiana being chased by the stone while the temple was collapsing).

I kinda like that 2. idea, since getting fortune at the temples is a little easier then chasing artifacts, that would add to the risk factor.

(05-10-2013 06:17 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. This hadn't come up for me yet. The rules don't answer it in either direction. I'd discard the cliffhanger (not trying it) and handle collapse immediately.

Yeah that seemed odd since a cliffhanger makes you roll for collapse right away.
Has this been resolved yet?

What happens if you failed a danger and flip to a cliffhanger causing a role for a collapse, a 1 is rolled causing a clamps and then you fail the escape challenge?

Do you still need to complete the cliffhanger when you revive?
If so, do you still get to interact with the city? Which happens first, the cliffhanger for the city card?
We have played it that in this case you ignore the cliffhanger. We just felt it was common sense.

OD
Reference URL's