TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Finally...FanG Minions & Temples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has taken me a while but I have finally taken my first plunge into model painting. I didn't really consider my ATOE models as true painting because I simply did a coat and then a wash.

I used Vallejo model paints with loew-cornell golden taklon brushes. The only frustration I had was with the fine detail brushed I had a very hard time getting controlled lines (see the bands on the mobsters hats or the swastika on the zeppelin). However, all in all, I am happy I went forth and painted the models.

BTW my photographs are not that good, I know. the flash kept on going off which washed the figures horribly, and my only lighting was a florescent lamp.

I will accept any constructive criticism you may offer. I am trying to learn here, and I feel the only way to learn is to try, then try again. So, bring it on!

Enjoy!

[Image: normal_IMG_5808.JPG] [Image: normal_IMG_5810.JPG] [Image: normal_IMG_5821.JPG]
Interesting choice, making the temples differently-colored. Do you plan to use them to replace the skull markers on the board?
I like the Nazi Henchmen and the two-tone Mobster bases - very clever ;-)
(05-13-2013 10:43 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting choice, making the temples differently-colored. Do you plan to use them to replace the skull markers on the board?

At first I was, but then I kind of drifted off track. Hindsight, it would have made them easier to discern but it is what it is.

(05-14-2013 12:15 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]I like the Nazi Henchmen and the two-tone Mobster bases - very clever ;-)

Thanks, I wanted them to stand out a bit on the board. However I did notice that the Nazi henchmen arrows are drowned a bit in the green base.
These look great, job well done indeed! I still need to get my FanG stuff painted. I've had them primed for nearly a year now
Well get on it. Especially because you were my inspiration on painting my ATOE models.

I have Col. Stahl, Tresa, Herr Tuffel done.

Started Vanessa Love last night, almost done. Eddie and Franco shouldn't be too tough.

I am attempting to paint all models before the big move. After that it may be some time before I am able to set up a new painting studio.
Here come the villains.

First the Nazi's...

While I am happy with the results, I realize after the fact that the highlighting really didn't come out well and Herr Tufel looks like a blind preacher.

[Image: IMG_5831.JPG]
Reference URL's