TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New Owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, I've been reading up on LNOE for awhile but finally managed to get my hands on a copy! I'm hoping to get some games going soon with some friends, and I've been browsing through this forum for rule clarifications, ideas, etc... Its been extremely helpful!
Welcome!! Glad you made it!
First off, Don't get overwhelmed, and have fun. There is a good thread with a compiled list of rulings on most anything that may come up (Thanks Trev!)

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...son-C-Hill

And always remember the power of the house rule, you can always play it how you see it to keep the game moving then research the situation here later for rule clarification.

Also, I dig your username!
Thanks for the link, I'll probably dig through that today.

One question though: I've run into mention of the DOTs system a few times, which indicates balance for including certain rules or items if you have multiple expansions but I'm not really sure what this is or how to tell what the DOT level of an item which makes reading some threads difficult.

I only have the base game at the moment, so it might not exist yet but I am planning on getting expansions. Are the cards or rulebook marked in any way?
Another member, Labrys, has put together a nice set of cards with all of the DOT rules and costs associated with them. Here is a link:

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...Rule-Cards

Also there is a set of Dice Rules in with them, VERY valuable, worth the print. As for now I wouldn't worry too much about the DOT's, they come into play in future expansions and advance game play. An easy way to spruce up a scenario you might have played into the dirt as well as a tool to help create new scenarios. Kinda like Little Big Planet for the undead. Get comfortable with the base game elements and fight the urge to cliff dive into the bottomless pit of expansions (no one has seemed to pull this off yet).

Another link I'll post here is for my little attempt at a webpage. I made a "Hero Mat" to help new players.

http://porkchopspalace.weebly.com/downloads.html

See if you like it and if it helps, hopefully Sarku wont punish me for handing out goodies from the inner sanctum. I think these files are kinda pertinent to new players to help understand and enjoy the game. PM me if you have any questions or issues.
Welcome to the boards. I hope we see you around a lot more.

For the record, DOTS is first introduced in Growing Hunger, which was the first expansion for the game. So, unless you plan to customize stuff a little, you don't really have to worry about DOTS until you pick that up.

But, if you plan to jump right in on the idea of coming up with your own scenarios, or customizing existing ones, then it would definitely be a good idea to read up on the DOTS system a bit.
Welcome to the Forum.

OD
Greetings Deadstick
Just got my own copy! YEY!
(05-18-2013 02:00 AM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings Deadstick

I totally didnt read that

Welcome
Welcome and have fun playing. If you run into any questions just ask, they get answered fast around here
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's