TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Just ordered Revenge of the Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm stoked! Probably should have waited a week or two because money is tight, but couldn't keep waiting. It's always, maybe next week, oh I can wait... Nope! Apparently I can't... I'm excited though, can't wait for my backpack card.. Out of everything, I'm excited about a backpack.. I got issues...
Enjoy man I'm still yet to grab a web exclusive yet but I'm leaning toward stock up myself or revenge of the dead
We played this scenario on Tuesday and Thursday night. I know supposedly "Mountain of the Dead" and "Zombie Apocalypse" are the most deadly Hero scenarios--and they may be, haven't played them yet--but I will bet this one gives them a run for their money. Both times played out very similar.

Early turns, Heroes gather what they can. Zombie Master immediately puts the pressure on any lone heroes. if two are together, even better. 6 card hand is brutal, Heroes start thinking they are in over their heads

Mid turns, heroes feeling pretty good about their chances, it is only a 13 round scenario, and the zeds need to kill 5. None are dead, but nearly everyone has a wound---they gather up for safety so they can search as they have poured through resources earlier then they expected

All hell breaks loose. Fire and Taken Over and Lights Out are everywhere. Panic ensues. Heroes have no choice to to stay on the move, and are poorly equipped. It isn't enough. Multiple Heroes die in one turn. Newly spawned heroes have their hands full, starting in buildings is dicey now so they start in middle with a card but it matters little. 2-3 Zombie Heroes on the board turn the tide as they are upon new Heroes more quickly than they can marshal a defense. All dead within 3 turns of scenario ending.

Zombies rolling two dice+6 cards+auto spawn=sheer bloodbath. In retrospect, I think the key to winning this is to move often. Spread out the horde. Do NOT use event cards without it being a dire situation--save them, because you will need them at the end.

I want to beat this scenario, got whupped both times by the wifey. She is growing to adore being Zombie Master. I have created a monster.

Good luck sir!
My wife will only play zombies... She will suffer greatly when I get to play them. Whenever I'm at the comic shop running the game I'm usually zombies and I'm generally ruthless when I'm taking it easy. I try to play everything in my hand every turn, and I use a quarter board movement rule for my zombies until a hero gets frogy and uses a firearm or explosive then they start to draw in... Players hate a zombie wall as well, I'm not big on a one square herd like my wife gets sucked into.

I can't wait, I made up a revised "bootleg" so to speak with some added rules and its horrific, so I can't wait to see what happens when I get the deck cards too, a few of the zombie cards makes my skin crawl a bit...
My gaming group was running over me on all the base scenarios...then I brought out Revenge! They were so pissed...it was wonderful. Heroes dropping left and right. We havent played any of the Timber Peak scenarios yet, but I would be surprised if any scenario is as deadly to heroes. Revenge has the awesome ability to cause despair from the very start. I highly recommend giving it a try if you dont have it yet.
Gotta say, Friskers, I hear you on how hard it is to wait. ;-) I definitely cannot blame you.

I also must say that I highly recommend Revenge of the Dead. It is one of my favorite scenarios, in fact. It is very brutal for the heroes, but not impossible. It can be done.

The scenarios you can buy online are actually a lot of fun. The only one I don't have yet is Zombie Pillage. Since it uses part of the hero deck separate from the one the heroes can actually use, I am waiting until my deck gets a little bigger through picking up some more expansions.

But, anyways, Revenge of the Dead is a lot of fun, no matter which side you are on. Even if you are playing the heroes side and getting completely destroyed, it is still a lot of fun.

And, as the heroes, the backpack is pretty cool. I like the idea that you can carry a few more items. Could certainly come in handy in this scenario, not to mention in Stock Up, which is another one you can buy on the Flying Frog site.
(05-19-2013 08:46 PM)Cloaker Wrote: [ -> ]I know supposedly "Mountain of the Dead" and "Zombie Apocalypse" are the most deadly Hero scenarios...

What? I understand Zombie Apocalypse, but Mountain of the Dead is, like, impossible for Zombies to win.
(05-21-2013 11:26 PM)Twilight_Sonata Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2013 08:46 PM)Cloaker Wrote: [ -> ]I know supposedly "Mountain of the Dead" and "Zombie Apocalypse" are the most deadly Hero scenarios...

What? I understand Zombie Apocalypse, but Mountain of the Dead is, like, impossible for Zombies to win.

I've won Mountain of the Dead as a Zombie Player and recall it being difficult.I did it by killing the requisite number of heroes (and it literally came down to the last possible roll that could be made in the game...it was quite the knuckle biter...)

looking at my notes: we've played the scenario three times and it looks like the zombies have won twice (I know I was heroes on their victory, but I am not recalling which side of the fence I was on the first zombie win...)

I haven't played zombie apocalypse...
Which one is Mountain of the Dead again? I don't own Timber Peak yet, but one of my gaming buddies does. I think we may have played that one.
(05-22-2013 08:34 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]I don't own Timber Peak yet

Whilst I admire your honesty, there really are no excuses
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's