TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New to the Forum, Newish to the Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've played LNOE about a dozen times, but I've never won as the Heroes. Someone mentioned this site on BoardGameGeek, so I came here looking to improve my game.
(05-21-2013 01:47 AM)benritter Wrote: [ -> ]I've played LNOE about a dozen times, but I've never won as the Heroes. Someone mentioned this site on BoardGameGeek, so I came here looking to improve my game.

Wow. Never? That's tough. What scenarios are you playing and which expansions?

Anyway here are some tactics that helped me. And be aware that all those tipps depend on the situation. Sometimes you have to forget them Watchmen02...:

Action is better than reluctance! But do it with a plan. And don't lose your scenario goal out of sight!

Try to search and find weapons - best are guns but every weapon helps. It's great if one of your starting heroes has a gun from the start (Sheriff Anderson...).

It's better to avoid (and outrun) Zombies than to kill them (mostly - depends on the scenario).

If possible avoid hand to hand combat - heroes are dying there!

Go into hand to hand combat (if necessary). There are heroes that are great at fighting (Johnny...). But don't forget to get out of combat again as soon as you get the chance.

Sometimes it's a good idea to put a hero at risk to save the other. Use Zombie Hunger (especially at "Defend the Manor House").

Heroes are dying sometimes. You cannot save all of them - and maybe you get another one...

Don't let yourself be surrounded. Try to always have an emergency exit.

Don't let yourself be caught alone. It's always good if a second hero is near to help out if necessary. Team up "fighters" and "searchers".

Just some hints.
Welcome to TZG,I don't play LNoE much (I'm more into AToE or F&G)but as sXm noted you need to stay focused on the winning
objectives.I tend to get tied up in the Zed killing aspect rather than long range strategy & then loose.

OD
(05-21-2013 07:53 AM)spiritusXmachina Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Never? That's tough. What scenarios are you playing and which expansions?
I've only ever played Die Zombie Die, and only ever with the basic cards. The Heroes won once (when I wasn't playing as them).

It's not usually a landslide victory for the Zombies. The second Hero will get killed just shy of 15 Zombie kills or the sun will come up with 13 or 14 Zombie kills.
Hello and welcome to a great forum. The trick I have found with winning in die zombie die as the heroes is to search the first few turns and try to get zombies bunched up to use the shotgun on. Also read the game reports section it well give you an idea of what can happen in a game and some good combos to try and use. For example Father J and Becky.
Greetings benritter,
I think Die Zombies Die is actually a hard scenario for the Heroes to win. Try the other scenarios you should find a greater success rate.
I'm on the other side of the fence - I think Die Zombies Die is harder on the Zombies. All the Heroes need to do is to find some guns and they're good, it'll be easy to kill off Zombies and there's no way for the Zombie player to get around that.
(05-22-2013 07:45 PM)LabRat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on the other side of the fence - I think Die Zombies Die is harder on the Zombies. All the Heroes need to do is to find some guns and they're good, it'll be easy to kill off Zombies and there's no way for the Zombie player to get around that.

The 2 Hero death rule has proved harsh in my experiences, so far. Especially if you get weak random Heroes such as Kenny and Jenny... Maybe I need to learn to use them better.Zombie17
Welcome to the boards! I hope we see you around a lot more. There are some things you can do to help you win as the heroes in Die Zombies Die, but a lot of times it really comes down to the luck of what you draw.

Personally, I never liked Die Zombies Die because I feel it is too simplistic, and also find it kind of a bit much to expect heroes to kill 15 zombies in 15 turns.

Some of the other scenarios do give the heroes a good fighting chance. I do think this game is ever so slightly weighted towards the zombies, but when you start to get used to the game and start to learn some strategies, you will tip the balance a bit. Most people, after playing for a while, do seem to see the wins being about 50/50. Good luck, and I hope you come here more to discuss strategy with us. ;-)
Reference URL's