TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Gasoline and Fires Spreading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I had this question come up I posted an excerpt from the rulebook and just want to clarify I am understanding it correctly or if others have an opinion on the interpretation.

[Image: 28ulo1.jpg]

So if a hero detonates a gas marker a fire starts.

I see it as this:

1. You would place an "existing" fire token down on the space where the explosion occurred.

2. Then immediately roll two die for the spread. You would then place two "new" fire tokens down.

3. If it just so happened to be the zombie turn then at the end of the zombie turn there is a potential for another "new" fire to start due to rolling to see what happens with the "existing" fire you placed for the gas marker.

4. Flip any new fires that are on the board.

Obviously gasoline is very dangerous but I want to know if I am interpreting this correctly.

Below is another excerpt about explosives being set off by fire spreading in an adjacent space. I am focusing specifically on the last paragraph there.

[Image: j5vv5g.jpg]

My other question is
Do you still interpret the spread of the fire as if you (the hero) set off the marker and thus follow the steps laid out above? Or do you just place a single "new" fire token down? Or the other option is just assess damage for the gasoline and remove it from the board without adding any new fires.

Any help and opinions would be appreciated.
All three fires from the Gasoline explosion would be new fires. I draw your attention again to p. 18

Starting Fires
'When a Fire starts in a space, place a ‘New ‘Fire
marker in that space (the side of the marker that does
NOT have the directional arrows should be face-up to
show that it is a ‘New’ Fire). ‘New’ Fires usually start
during either the Hero or Zombie Turns, or if existing
Fires spread during the Fire Phase itself.'

Also the Glossary at the back p.28 (Your example would fall into this bracket)
'Fire - ‘New’ - A Fire marker that has been created since the
previous Fire Phase ended. Plain Fire side up (no arrows).'

Thematically its a large new fire.
Hope this helps.
(05-22-2013 06:15 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]All three fires from the Gasoline explosion would be new fires. I draw your attention again to p. 18

Starting Fires
'When a Fire starts in a space, place a ‘New ‘Fire
marker in that space (the side of the marker that does
NOT have the directional arrows should be face-up to
show that it is a ‘New’ Fire). ‘New’ Fires usually start
during either the Hero or Zombie Turns, or if existing
Fires spread during the Fire Phase itself.'

Also the Glossary at the back p.28 (Your example would fall into this bracket)
'Fire - ‘New’ - A Fire marker that has been created since the
previous Fire Phase ended. Plain Fire side up (no arrows).'

Thematically its a large new fire.
Hope this helps.

So you roll as if it was an existing fire to determine where the other two new fires will be placed?
(05-22-2013 06:20 PM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]So you roll as if it was an existing fire to determine where the other two new fires will be placed?

Yes.
Gotcha it all makes so much sense now. Does this also apply for when a marker explodes at anytime or just when its caused by the hero directly?
(05-22-2013 06:27 PM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]Gotcha it all makes so much sense now. Does this also apply for when a marker explodes at anytime or just when its caused by the hero directly?

Anytime. It's a new fire x3 regardless how it's set off.
Awesome thanks Samuraitrev for all your help and the quick response! +1 Rep.
(05-22-2013 06:33 PM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome thanks Samuraitrev for all your help and the quick response! +1 Rep.

Anytime and thanksWatchmen02
I love gasoline for this reason. I just need to learn to stop setting it off in doorways... Explosion damage and fire all rolled up into one, this has been a game changer for me on numerous occasions..
I obviously have failed to see the many glorious possibilities that gasoline presents as I have never done any of this mayhem. hm...
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's