TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: secret compartments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my mom passed away last week and I've been cleaning up her place (this is why I haven't been actively posting the last few weeks; she was getting hospice care and I was with her) ANYWAY that's just context -- not the reason for the post.

So my sister and I scour the house high and low. "Where are the Christmas decorations?"

We've searched everywhere. We find a few scattered decorations that hadn't been put away last time they were out, and we find the fake tree. But none of the 60+ years of accumulated decor.

I'm quite sad about it. I check in the shed outside. Cheap modern plastic exterior holiday decorations are in there. But not the ornaments, wall hangs, and so on.

We're wondering if, maybe, she got rid of them in a fit. (Her last year wasn't so great, due to a stroke.) We check with her neighbor, and a few others, who'd been helping around the house. "I have no idea!"

Eventually I get in touch with someone who knows. When she had the bathroom redone a couple years ago to fix a rotted-out floor and update some things, she had a secret compartment installed in the wall behind the shower. The decorations are in there.

I see the niche -- it doesn't look abnormal. It's common to have such a "jag" in a room when the shower or tub isn't quite the same size as the bathroom. So, how do you get in there? You have to remove four sets of floor-to-ceiling shelves that are covered with towels, sheets and so on. Of course, they're pretty damned snug in there. There's NO way she could ever have accessed this stuff. It takes me a bit of effort to puzzle them out (since they interlock).

And behold. The boxes of Christmas decorations! (And her empty luggage set.) Now getting the shelves back in place? That's a job for another day. They're just not going back in the way they came out.

But, you could hide a child in there. If you needed to. It's so hidden, actually, that's about the ONLY part of the house I've found that didn't have a collection of mouse turds strewn about. Even the rodents never found it.
That is freaking awesome! I always wanted a secret room in my house ever since I was a kid. You should totally stash some cryptic note in there to see if any owners down the road find it. Something like:

My heavens, if you have found this, then you know! You know the secret. Now they'll come for you. They'll come for your soul! You must prepare for the coming with a sacrifice. The serpent that eats it's own tail is on the horizon. The sacrifice must be supple, and go willingly. This is your only hope. Remember your are a mortal, but they are not.

Something to really freak them out.

P.S. I just realized I did not acknowledge the passing of your mother, and I apologize for that. Just the idea of the secret compartment totally overwhelmed me at the time.
Jack that is the most amazing idea ever. Maybe draw a chalk circle or something like that.
sorry for your loss.. and NEAT find of the secret compartment!
Every once in awhile I have a dream where I discover a secret room with lots of neat stuff- then I wake up.
I often wonder what it means?

Actually the room I paint in is rather hidden,it's behind a set of built in shelves on the 3rd floor,but
my wife still manages to find me.

OD

M........sorry to hear your mother passed.
Hugz

That is all
Sorry for your loss.

I remember when I was a kid we moved out of a house we'd been in for many years and we were taking up the carpet in the boiler room. There was a loose floorboard and under it was a stash of money I'd left there and forgotten. It was only a few quid (pounds £) but to me it was like winning the lottery.

Simple timesZombie17
Reference URL's