TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hold the Line ~Single Player Mission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: 9082209448_3001cda0fb_c.jpg]

HOLD THE LINE

Fresh out of supplies the four Heroes scramble to the town of Woodinvale in hopes to replenish their stock. Instead of finding hope, they find their greatest fear, a horde of zombies heading right towards their camp! Now
the only thing that stands between the survivors camp and a horde of zombies are four Heroes with only each other to depend on. The four Heroes must work together to defeat the Zombie Horde and save the camp.

Set Up: 12 zombies start in one line all the way across one edge of the board. The survivors camp is located just off the opposite side of the board. The manor is used in the center (or a similar TP board). Heroes start at the opposite in a group of four. Heroes do not start with any additional cards even though they are not in their normal start location.

Special Rules:
1. Zombies move one space forward at the start of every turn, including the first one. Zombies take their turn first.
2. Zombies do not respawn. Once they are dead, they are dead (again but for real this time).
3. The smell of the survivors camp is rich with fresh flesh to be consumed. Therefore, all effects of Zombie Hunger are ignored. The Zombies move relentlessly toward the camp.
4. The Turn Counter counts up. The game ends with a Hero defeat if any Zombie is able to make it off the board. A Hero Victory occurs if all Zombies are killed before they exit the board into the survivor camp. See how fast you can dispose of the Zombie Horde! (The one I tested took 13)

Scenario Search Item: Fire Extinguisher (This item becomes vital to push the zombies back)

Concerns:
Some cards prove useless since two zombies will never be on the same space with a hero.
The Zombie cards are not used. I thought about flipping over 4 a turn, or something, but it proved fine with out them.
I thought about a fight that is won without doubles moves the zombie back one space. However, in my test it wasn't needed.
I didn't use any of the expansions, though I did play with Sam as one of my 4 characters just to try him since I just got GH.

Tested:
Tested this once and it was pretty fun. It's simple, but worth trying to pass time when no one is available for a real game. It's kind of like Die Zombies Die, with a twist. It came down to the last few turns, which makes it tense and fun. I'll try and post some pics from the game, it was a fun story. It came down to Old Betsy holding one zombie from walking off the board and Jake finding some gasoline to take out the three of the last four.

Feel free to post any suggestions. This is my first variant mission I've ever attempted.

Not sure if the picture above works, so it is here too:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36662618@N06/9082209448/
this sounds pretty cool; I will have to check it out. what a great idea!
I posted my test game in the Game Reports Section here: here;

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ssion-Test
Sweet and simple! I'm going to give it a shot..

Also, do characters start with their starting cards? Example: sheriff starting with the revolver.
Sounds very interesting. I'll sure give it a try.

Rules question: Zombies are not affected by Zombie Hunger. But what if a hero is on the same tile? Does the Zombie move away then, too?
(06-20-2013 05:29 AM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet and simple! I'm going to give it a shot..

Also, do characters start with their starting cards? Example: sheriff starting with the revolver.

I did have the Sheriff start with the revolver. I did not give them an extra card for not starting in their starting location. I also used the boards from GH since I just got it and wanted to try them. The super market proved a good spot to get stuff!
Ok, I reread the rules. If there's no "Zombie Hunger" the Zs do indeed leave tiles with heroes. Sorry but I had'nt the rules at hand when I asked.

I just played the scenario and it was quite entertaining. I had Victor, Sheriff Anderson, Mr. Goddard and Sally and there was a Supermarket which was of some help.
At the end Sheriff Anderson blew himself up with Gasoline in a desperate attempt to kill three Zombies (one survived). Sally found the fire extinguisher and bought the heroes some time. After Mr. Goddard and Sally had tried in vain Victor managed to just kill the last Zombie before he left the board.
MVP was Victor with 6 kills (and two wounds). He had found a crowbar in the supermarket and a Chainsaw later.

Still, I think it's quite tough if the heroes only have spare chance to brake the Zombies a little.
What about the following idea: If a hero wins a combat without killing the Zombie the Zombie is kicked down to earth (lay the model down). Instead of moving it may just stand up in its next turn.
Or simpler (but more powerful): If a hero wins a fight without killing a Zombie the hero may move it to any adjacent tile.
I like the knockdown idea I'm going to give that a shot as well and see how it plays
Wow! I did a double-take when I saw this thread! We have an official Scenario Supplement coming out this Fall called 'Hold the Line!' that is very similar to this! (at least in name/theme and in the look of the picture above). It is a full normal scenario though, rather than a solo play adventure. Should be available as a Scenario/Card Pack like the other Supplements on the official webstore in September. It just finished going through Test a couple of weeks ago and is really brutal/fun. 'Great minds...' I guess. Watchmen02

-Jason
So happy to hear there is some new stuff popping up soon!! Got to get to saving!!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's