TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The Adventurers: Cool looking board game!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hmmm....not sure.

It looks fun but looking at the BGG section ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/43868 ), especially the back of the box shot, I'm not sure of the re-play value of the game. If the board is the same every time, the enjoyment of avoiding the crushing walls and out-running the ball may grow old quickly but then again who knows.

Will keep an eye on it.
The game looks like great fun, even with its "gimicky" components.
I plan on getting it, especially after reading that the room tiles have really cryptic designs on them; tricky to memorize, so replayability should remain decent enough.
I agree with the OP though...it could get old after a few plays, even with that bit of info and promise...
My kids will love it, however, so...SOLD!
It is a fun game. There is a bit of randomness to it. But I could see some expansions coming in the near future for this one. Either way the pieces are gorgeous and could be used for any Pulp style of RPG you may be into or run. I have to get around to painting the pieces but have Descent Road to Legend LT's to finish and have started the task of painting the figs for Talisman 4th edition and all its expansions! GAH!!! :P
It's a really easy and fun game. Can be replayable easily and played with young kids. You won't spend a lot of time. It's cool.
fun with the right crowd. If you prefer play to win, you may not like it, but if you play to have fun then chances are you will enjoy it
That's definitly a fun game, but don't expect too much from it. If you are waiting for a game with more strategie or controle, then it's not the game for you.
This game is simply a variation of a Stop or Go game, but with gorgeous theme and components.
We are often using it as a filler in our gaming sessions, either at the start when we are still waiting people ( it's not very long, and you can still add people mid game eventually... or just looking at the poor guys beeing crushed by the boulder is still funny ), or at the end when everybody is tired and just want to have some more fun. an expansion but another game with similar mecanism is already planned, in an Egyption pyramid setting.
Btw, not
This is a fun game. It's got it where it counts.

If you are expecting anything too deep or strategic, you might be disappointed. Just accept it for what it is, a race game with cool, distinct areas of the track (the map), and cool special abilities for the different adventurers. Do that and you are golden. I am glad its on my shelf.

w.
FFG is putting out an Expansion

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_n...?eidn=2235

Well really it's a stand alone but it looks like it plays the same,
just instead of being crushed by a rolling stone,you get smashed by a
falling block.

Like The Adventures it's cool looking but the replay value seems very limied.

OD
All said I purchased the Game,it is beautiful & it's systems do build up a nice tension to the Game.
I'm adding it to my Pulp Homebrew Campaign Ripping Adventures Generator,so it won't see that
much play & will keep it fresh.

I may get the FFG Expansion when it comes out,as the Theme just fits so well with Pulp.

OD
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's