TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: wwz movie then book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I may be doing it backwards. IE.. I saw the movie first.. and am now going back for the movie

I hope it leaves me impressed.

many times i'll read a book then see a movie adaptation and feel jipped as the movie let the book down.

in this case. .. I'm already down and the book should be a pick me up. Watchmen02
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I am near positive you will love the book. You may not love every chapter, but conceptually the book holds above all other zombie books/media I have read.
(06-26-2013 01:04 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't seen the movie yet, but I am near positive you will love the book. You may not love every chapter, but conceptually the book holds above all other zombie books/media I have read.

may be a tall order for me, as i thought the dead city series was an excelent book set.

if wwz is half as good.. i'll be mor ethan happy!
The book is excellent. You won't regret reading it. You might even read it twice.
i'm in the middle of shattered hourglass right now.
finishe dthe hourglass. felt likethe ending was rushed.

started wwz.. page 62.. just after (blame) starts ( 57 )
So how do you like the book so far?
i like it. way different from the movie.. and i see why.

the book , without revealing a spoiler, takes palce from a different persons point of view.. and from a future time period. not a inthe present time period.
Hola,
I hope it's ok that I am hooking up with this thread. On monday I saw the movie and I liked it. It was a little bit behind my expectations but definitely a really good movie.
Because so many of you write "you've to read the book", I got myself the audio book. I know it's not the same as reading but it's my way to combine something interesting with the mass of math exercises I've to do for my studies.

And I have to say the book is absolutely brilliant. The style it's written is awesome, like a collection of interviews with contemporary witnesses. You got so many angles of view which got me so many inspiration for my next 'Pen & Paper' round. My favorite is the story with the bilnd Japanese which reminds me of the movie "Zatoichi - the blind ronin" which is one of my most loved eastern movies.

I cannot wait to continue.
I read the book a couple of years ago and just got home from the movies.
Well I must say that I expected less of the movie then it eventualy turned out to be. I found it quite enjoyable. Totaly not comparable with the book (wich I loved) but nevertheless a good entertaining movie with some real tense moments in it.

I went to watch it with 3 friends and we were so psyched that we pulled on of those "remember back in the days when we went to 3 or 4 movies straight in a row... Or just went back in and saw the same movie again" memory bliss moments...
And we decided to call the wives and said we were going to be late and decided to go see After Earth... And boy does that movie STINK!!!! Zombie17
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's