TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: couple of random painted figures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People've asked to see the result. Here are my first two finished paint jobs. (I have various other not-completed ones...)

A witch (Dark Sword's Elmore line) and a goblin rogue (Privateer Press' Iron Kingdoms).

[Image: overview.jpg]
You can see the really ugly close-ups here.

The goblin looks extra "powdery" from the primer. For some reason, it's gone on powdery like that on every Privateer mini I've sprayed with it. (Others have been smoother, more normal.) Reaper MSP HD (and some normal) paints.

The witch's wand swoosh is far more shiny/metallic appearing in person. It's painted with a silver metallic and washed with a purple. The camera only picked up the purple. I never noticed her coin pouch until the picture. I always saw that as just another fluff in her cape.
Not even a comment from Sam? Insane19
(07-20-2013 01:11 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Not even a comment from Sam? Insane19

Sorry I've been out and about the past few days. I like the witch best she looks a bit like Lady Ga Ga! The shading on the dress and the magic looks good too. I'm impressed with your 1st set of figures. Keep 'em coming!

+1 Rep
Have you experienced primer going on "powdery" like I mentioned for the goblin?
(07-21-2013 10:54 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Have you experienced primer going on "powdery" like I mentioned for the goblin?

Yes and it can be caused by really old primer or if the can has not been shaken properly. If used out of a paint pot it may need watering down. However this can also be caused by temperature or humidity. If the weather is really hot/humid or cold this would also affect the consistancy and overall finish of the undercoat/primer.
I had that powdery thing happen last weekend when I painted my LNoE miniatures. This was my first attempt at painting miniatures. I used black primer on the zombies, and white primer on the heroes.

The black went on flawlessly but the white primer on the heroes went on like crap. All grainy and powdery. I washed them off as best I could and took a toothbrush to them to try to remove the powder. Most of it came off so I tried priming again with the same results. Temp was perfect and I live in the desert so I don't think it was humidity. I shook the hell outa the stuff. At first I thought I was holding the spray too far away so I held it closer the second time.

I really think it might have been a problem with the white primer itself since the black went on perfectly. It was made by Armory and I've since read bad reviews about their white primer.

The zombies turned out great in the end, but the heroes.... they look ok but never fully recovered from the crappy primer job. I'm just glad they are very small.

I'm going to be painting Descent miniatures soon and I'll not be using that white Armory primer.
Nice job I'm just too terrified to paint id hate to mess my minis up or be unhappy with the outcome.
Reference URL's