TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombie Fan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I've been a zombie fan since seeing (and somehow not being traumatized by) Night of the Living Dead as a kid.. thanks, Dad. I think it's awesome that they've risen to such popularity in the last few years (It's not just me! Yay!)

I got started with Last Night on Earth last year.. My fiance took me on a tour of comic and gaming shops as a surprise Father's Day "adventure." I had just played "Zombies!!!" and thought it was a lot of fun. She had taken me there with the intention of getting the game and a few expansions, but the game shop owner highly recommended LNoE. I had mentioned the rounds of "Zombies!!!" I had played dissolved into "everyone for themselves" and seemed to drag on some times. He said "Get this instead, if you don't like it I'll take it back, but I don't think you'll be disappointed." He wasn't wrong.

Got a bunch of Amazon gift cards as wedding gifts so we blew them all on snatching up all of the expansions. It's been fun trying out the new scenarios and rules. I've finally been able to start having a group of friends over bi-weekly for Zombie nights. Even the couple friends that "hate board games" have been really having a blast.

Anyway, someone had recommended I check this place out so here I am Watchmen02
Greetings rguyor2
I found LNoE in the same way. I owned Zombies but I wanted something more. The games shop guy recommended this and the rest is history. See you on the boards and have fun digging up old threads and getting involved in new onesWatchmen02
Welcome to TZG

OD
Welcome to TZG. I ended up with LNOE in a very similar way. My fiancee wanted to get me a zombie boardgame for Christmas and talked to the local game shop and was told that LNOE was the best one on the market so she got it for me. After playing a few times I had to have everything LNOE related. My now wife likes to point out that if she never got me the game we would be a richer and would not have a big tote full of LNOE stuff in the guest room.
A warm welcome to the horde. Nice to read all these funny stories about how people came to LNoE.
Welcome to the boards! I am glad you found your way to Last Night On Earth. Personally, I was not terribly impressed with Zombies!!! Though, I may be spoiled because I tried LNOE first. LOL! After playing LNOE for a while, I would recommend also checking out Zombicide. It is a lot of fun, and is different from LNOE in the most awesomely complimentary ways that make them perfect companion games for each other.

Anyways, hope we see you around a lot more.
Welcome, rguyor2! Glad to hear you are enjoying LNOE so much. I wish I had more time to play, myself...
Thanks for the welcomes! Just got back from our honeymoon at Ravenwood Castle in Ohio, that place was awesome. Seemed to be run by some serious gamers, someone there also recommended I check out Zombicide. It was pretty cool playing LNoE in the dining hall and then down in the pub.
Reference URL's