TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Making set up faster.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I am looking from ways to make set up faster. I already have the decks separated and I try to shuffle them at the end of the game so that it is quicker next play. I also have the tokens already separated. I have a plano box with stuff for the heroes and one for the zombie player with scenario setup tokens. I don’t know what else I can do to make it faster. Any ideas?

Also I am looking for a way to pick random scenarios, it used to be easy with all the scenarios on cards but now not so much with the web print and play stuff. I was using a random number generator online but I am trying to find a low tech solution to the issue.
I've found if you and your fellow gamers have played the game say 50+ times AND you've got the rules down without too many argumentative SOB players then the game (LNoE?) should be pretty quick. I've found what eats into the time most, is Hero indecisiveness, either as a single Hero player or even more so as a team.

I use a random number generator on the pc too, quite handy. Plus the same card and token methods.

Happy gaming!
Thanks for the fast reply Trev. Yes I was talking about LNoE. My group has the game play down it is the set up time that I am trying to cut down on. I don't think there is much I can do to make set up faster but I thought the board may have some ideas. Plus this place has been dead, with all of us waiting on blood in the forest so I thought I would try to get us talking.
When setting up I select the boards blind (roll of 4, 5 or 6 to select) and heroes blind (roll of 5 or 6 to select).
I find set-up generally quick.

My cards are in their own ultra-pro deck boxes.

I use fishing tackle boxes to compartmentalise my tokens and figures. So the tokens/barricades are all seperated as appropriate, then I have my zombies simillarly seperated into their own compartments - 14 regular, 7 red, 7 radio active, 7 black (electrified zombies!), 14 regular grave weapons, 7 red grave weapons and 7 radio active grave weapons. All of my Heroes are bundled into their own compartment. Other than Heroes I'm not sifting through figures either.

So with everything sorted as said above, another really big change I noticed when speeding things up for set-up was having my cards sleeved (ultro-pro deck protectors). I recall shuffling the cards unsleeved was an absolute dog! - especially after acquiring all the expansions.

I'm a wargamer as well, so I'm generally patient with set-up anyway.
(08-22-2013 12:28 AM)ForestRunner Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a wargamer as well

Good to know I'm not alone Zombie03
(08-15-2013 02:06 AM)fitzgrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Also I am looking for a way to pick random scenarios, it used to be easy with all the scenarios on cards but now not so much with the web print and play stuff. I was using a random number generator online but I am trying to find a low tech solution to the issue.

What about getting small blank cards (blank calling cards maybe) and write the scenario titles there? That way, you can shuffle them, lay them face down, and do the random pick that way. It'll be easy to store small cards as well.
(08-22-2013 09:09 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2013 12:28 AM)ForestRunner Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a wargamer as well

Good to know I'm not alone Zombie03

Me too Insane02

As agreed to all of the above. All my counters/markers are in little clip lid storage boxes all clearly marked with contents. Blind picking done from down turned piles of boards/characters and scenarios. Cards sleeved and in boxes ready for use.
After game I pack the stuff up, on my own so I can be sure everything gets put back in the correct place and cards are shuffled ready for next game.
I think having OCD really helps.
(08-22-2013 11:19 AM)Sarge Wrote: [ -> ]After game I pack the stuff up, on my own so I can be sure everything gets put back in the correct place and cards are shuffled ready for next game.

Oh, forgot to mention that. That part is paramount!! Lol.
(08-22-2013 11:11 AM)LabRat Wrote: [ -> ]What about getting small blank cards (blank calling cards maybe) and write the scenario titles there? That way, you can shuffle them, lay them face down, and do the random pick that way. It'll be easy to store small cards as well.

This is a really good idea to normalize all the scenarios between real scenario cards and printed scenario cards for randomized selection. It also allows you to add new scenarios to the "random pick" deck without any hassle regardless of what kind of new scenarios you add to the game (homebrew, official digitals from FFP, or real cards from expansions). Only downside is then having a new deck to keep track of with everything else in this game.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's