TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Multiple keys for truck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I should preface this question with the fact that we were playing the Escape in the Truck scenario with combined decks from the base set, Growing Hunger, and several other FFP scenarios.

From what I understand, both the standard Keys from the base set and the Rusty Keys from the Growing Hunger set both count as keys and therefore should be sufficient to count as the keys needed for the truck. One of the players found the base set Keys early on but the heroes still needed to find gas. While searching, another hero found the Rusty Keys.

Now I had two different heroes with keys to the truck. I'm assuming this is allowed? Do we just pretend that the Rusty keys were acting as "back-up" keys to the same truck?

What are your thoughts?
I would think any set of keys would be good enough to count.
(08-22-2013 02:40 AM)sgiove Wrote: [ -> ]One of the players found the base set Keys early on but the heroes still needed to find gas. While searching, another hero found the Rusty Keys. Now I had two different heroes with keys to the truck. I'm assuming this is allowed? Do we just pretend that the Rusty keys were acting as "back-up" keys to the same truck?

What are your thoughts?

The key word here is 'Key' as an item description - so they both count. Police and Pump shotguns are both 'Guns' as far as Father Joseph is concerned.
They'll do the job for me. The cinematic story is probably...ahh thats where the spare set of keys for the truck were, phew I thought they had been lost ages ago.
lol
(08-22-2013 11:22 AM)Sarge Wrote: [ -> ]They'll do the job for me. The cinematic story is probably...ahh thats where the spare set of keys for the truck were, phew I thought they had been lost ages ago.
lol

Yes, I agree with everyone that they should count. I'm aware both count as "keys". It was more of a question of explanation. As Sarge mentioned, I too was inclined to just pretend that there were a back-up set of keys somewhere for the truck.

Thanks, all!
I remember reading somewhere that Rusty Keys doesn't count as Keys for Escape in the Truck, but I can't recall where I saw that. Did you check the Growing Hunger rulebook? I think it's there.
I would agree with the general consensus here. Most people usually get at least two copies of the key to their car, and I am sure you can get more if needed. So, it makes sense to say they were just spare sets of keys to the truck.
This is interesting, I might try a round where you need a particular key. I've played this scenario twice and both times the heroes won within 15 minutes.
Reference URL's